It's been 15 years I played pic related as a kid so I decided to play it again today, this game actually great

It's been 15 years I played pic related as a kid so I decided to play it again today, this game actually great

Attached: MafiaUSCov.jpg (258x387, 32.07K)

okay

YOU SIR A BLINDED BY YOUR NOSTALGIA BONER PLAY A GOOD OLD GAME IF YOU'RE FEELING NOSTALGIC

This is my all time favorite, but I don't play this since 2003 cause I don't want obliterate the good old memories.

Any reason to play the original over the remake?

Its much much better than the "remake".
Basically 2 different games

The main character is likeable and naive in the original, the remaster ruined all the immersion and the voice acting is subpar compared to the classic game.

>I don't want obliterate the good old memories
It holds up. Driving needs a bit of time to get used to it but only the first mission after the prologue feels weird. Also enemies like to be bulletsponges and hide in places where you can't spot them, but after learning where the game likes to put enemies and realizing how shitty the enemy AI is it becomes really easy

Attached: 54675475675647.jpg (1920x2160, 644.23K)

did they cut out the sex scene

It also ruined some of the characters, made Paulie a fucking duck looking pussy and Salieri deal in drugs so they can be more justified in betraying him in the end.

Yes. Also the politician you kill from the prison tower, Sarah bitches about his death because he was pro women rights or some shit lol.

Attached: 564756754.jpg (1708x2952, 663.76K)

wasnt the Def.Ed. made by completely different people

The mafia 3 team I think.
I mean it's good on a technical level and the city looks nice but they just took a few too many liberties to make it "up to modern standards"

>The mafia 3 team I think.
would explain why the Def.Ed. looks absolute trash

STUNNING AND BRAVE

Attached: Mafia_(PC)_33.jpg (1280x960, 557.81K)

Filtered

What I still really appreciate is how grounded the shooting part of the game is. Perhaps it wasn't intentional since they just used an engine designed for Hidden & Dangerous, a tacticool game, but the facts that enemies actually run out of ammo, both you and the enemies flinch after getting hit, you lose the remaining bullets in the mag after reloading, the recoil is fucking huge, and you have to ready your weapon to start firing as quickly as possible all make it a unique experience even these days.

It's not even that hard. Even unpatched. Even with manual transmission.

were you able to choose the difficulty of the race when it came out in 2003?

>enemies actually run out of ammo
>you lose the remaining bullets in the mag after reloading
These. I don't think I ever played any other game where enemies didn't have infinite ammo and you lost your remaining bullets in the magazine if you reloaded, I'm so grateful for the latter because it always bothered me in video games

Shooting in first one is kinda junky idk but I still have a lot a fun with it. And don't forget about a variety.

Attached: sasaas.jpg (1366x768, 275.63K)