THANK YOU INTEL

videocardz.com/newz/intel-arc-alchemist-engineering-sample-pictured-once-again

THANK YOU INTEL

PC GAMING IS SAVED

Attached: INTEL-ARC-ALCHEMIST-DG2-1.jpg (2056x1257, 269.93K)

Attached: INTEL-Arc-Alchemist-ES-2.jpg (2000x993, 396.21K)

>manufactured by TSMC
its over

still buying AIB OC nvidia cards

Tech illiterate here, is Intel going to be competing with Nvidia + AMD in the GPU market now?

unless is cheap has fuck is going to fail, simple as

Yes, but they're going to be using the same production capacity so it won't actually expand the market.
Nvidia are likely to be the big losers in this since they alone can't sell a complete AMD64 solution.

The desktop card will likely be high end and high priced, but maybe not quite as high priced as Nvidia's announced new $4000 top end card.

What this is really about for Intel is cutting Nvidia out of the laptop market because now they'll have offerings more like what AMD has where they can sell single chip solutions with onboard graphics as well as packages of CPU with a discrete GPU to OEMs without them needing to deal with a separate vendor.

Then they can get fucked

no factory
no production
no sustain for the demand
simple as

show me an under $300 GPU that can play everything at 1080p/30 and I'll buy.

Nvidia is solving that issue by moving into CPU manufacturing as well.

ps4?

The 6500 xt. But thats all its good for right now and will immediately be too weak next year so no one want it.

In the future maybe, if the fucking shortages are reduced you can expect price drops from AMD/nVidia in lowend GPUs at least which is very much needed imo.

It might be an ok card but PCI x4 is utter crap when you're still using gen 3

Series S
It can even do 60fps.

>TSMC fab
>when Intel has their own fabs
Fucking why.

Because Intel fabs are geared to make CPUs which are smaller.

>be me
>full Intel PC build
>"oh yeah, it's game time"
>prime my 16 cylinder diesel engine and start it up
>connect alligator clips to alternator and power supply
>push the power button on my PC
>fans instantly at max speed, I can feel the heat slowly melting my welding mask
>cables catch fire due to the amount of current
>start up Minecraft
>silky smooth 43 fps

Nvidia's problem is that they can't make AMD64 compatible CPUs, and PC gaming is still very much tied to binary compatibility with AMD64.
This is true even with GNU/Linux which has much better ARM support than Windows.

So unless Nintendo decides to buy from them next-generation, or they get Microsoft to have the next Xbox using Nvidia at the same time they drop legacy support / push their streaming service running on Nvidia hardware, Nvidia faces a kind of dark future.
This is worse for them then when they lost the ability to make chipsets which included onboard graphics.