So it's true. The Switch is better than the Wii and the original Playstation now. The sales don't lie

So it's true. The Switch is better than the Wii and the original Playstation now. The sales don't lie.

nintendolife.com/news/2022/02/switch-outsells-wii-and-playstation-passes-100-million-faster-than-any-other-home-console

Attached: switch-outsells-wii-ps.jpg (1080x1535, 182.48K)

>"home console"
it's a handheld

It's considered a hybrid

If every version of the Switch is handheld, but only two versions can be docked to play on a TV, then Switch is a handheld that can be plugged on a TV rather than a home console that can be carried around.

Original and OLED: Hybrid Console
Switch Lite: Handheld Console

ok, so it's sold like 80m "hybrid consoles" and 20m "handheld consoles"?

Pretty much

at this rate it's going to surpass the GB and maybe the DS as the best selling non-home / traditional console

>Sales = quality
Where did this metric get started and how does it end? So what if the Switch sold more than the PlayStation? That has no bearing on the quality of the games on the consoles.

it still hasn't outsold the PS2, right?

When it does, what will you say?

that whoever is still buying and playing a switch in the year it happens is a child, a woman or a fag

no, but Switch's target is the DS

PS5 and Xbox SEX are the ones in the PS2's market, neither will surpass it, so at least this gen the PS2 will remain as the best selling home console

Will it be dethroned?

Attached: 1200px-PS2-Versions[1].png (1200x1063, 686.69K)

if you're gonna allow the switch to compete, then I think you have to allow PC to as well, so yeah, PS2 was dethroned by PC decades ago

It hasn’t outsold the PS4 yet as well, which is currently at 117m.

Kinda want to get a switch desu m$ stuff is on pc and zony doesn't have anything left

I can't wait for people in the next 15 or so years to crown the Switch as the greatest console ever made. With sales like this, it will get the PS2 treatment where everyone who had one and free up with them will look at it as the best. Also the new wave of journos will take over and they will help reinforce it.

Yes. But when it does it, it just means we have to hear that it's the best console ever for decades until something beats the Switch in sales. In my view the original PlayStation is better than both the Switch AND the PS2, but I realize I'm way in the minority with that.

>won't turn on once the battery dies even when plugged just like any other nuHandheld
>handheld tier hardware, can't match consoles from 5 years ago
>the dock doesn't improve the performance at all, you can literally play switch games in docked mode in handheld mode if you hack it
>a vita can also use a custom dock which allows it work exactly like the switch (is the vita a hybrid console now)

It's a handheld you fucktard. If the switch's dock actually offered extra hardware and shit kinda like those expansion packs that the N64 and sega systems had, then it would have been a hybrid. As of right now, the switch is just a shitty handheld with a built in HDMI port

>home console
No it's not, because they also count the Switch Lite sales which it's a pure dedicated handheld.

>won't turn on once the battery dies even when plugged just like any other nuHandheld
Funnily enough, the PS3 has a similar problem with the whole CMOS battery thing
>handheld tier hardware, can't match consoles from 5 years ago
It's meant to match the Wii U in power, albeit slightly more powerful, no shit it doesn't match consoles from 5 years ago
>the dock doesn't improve the performance at all, you can literally play switch games in docked mode in handheld mode if you hack it
The dock itself doesn't. The Switch while in handheld mode is underclocked in order to save on battery power. When it's connected to the dock, game performance is boosted and the resolution is set to be higher
>a vita can also use a custom dock which allows it work exactly like the switch (is the vita a hybrid console now)
[Citation Needed]. Are you talking about a dock that merely casts the Vita's display to a TV or a dock that actually makes it capable of running at a higher resolution with boosted game performance

>worst of current gen
>worst of the big three companies and inferior to pc too
>worst nintendo home console
>worst nintendo handheld
>worst specs
>worst controller
>worst library
Normal fags: MMMM SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP I LOVE EATING SHIT

Probably because it's not a home console