FFXIV

>the final boss of a ten year long story was a depressed bird girl

Attached: 1641608457908.png (640x499, 424.14K)

First FF?

Yes, yes, very good. Very good.
HOWEVER:

Attached: Krile, hood lowered.png (1920x1080, 3.69M)

>IT BROKE NEW GROUND
Unironically BASED and unexpectedPILLED

And it was incredible. Better than I’d hoped for, more of a spectacle than I’d ever expected from an MMO, it defied all MMO design philosophies, finished off all the plot threads, everyone’s character arc and gave us answers to everything introduced since the start of the story.

An absolutely amazing experience. I was worried they could never top Shadowbringers, but Venat’s story and every piece of the final journey built on from ShB and made things even better.

10/10, recommended to anyone that loves a great story in their games.

Attached: C540EA4D-722C-4865-8400-DE85EDB52982.png (953x1286, 683.05K)

>final boss is despair itself
kino

This was inevitable since they blew their story-load in Shadowbringers. It works if you see Endwalker as an encore after the climax.

>final boss is a clown
>final boss is a fag with mommy issues

Attached: cefca.jpg (1710x900, 169.76K)

How incredibly lame. I guess with with despair defeated there will be no further despair in any upcoming patches and expansions.

was great

Attached: 1639660871994.jpg (680x675, 335.24K)

No? Venat brought us into the world to both suffer and enjoy life, it's a constant that will accompany us forever but she's also taught us how to overcome it through eachother.

retard

None of these villains suddenly appear in the final act of their games

The whole point of being sundered was we had no way to insulate ourselves from the suffering of life. Suffering is part of life, the joy remains despite it.

Ok so I'm to expect more birds in future expansions since it's a constant

>hello it's me hydaelyn
>there is no subversion im actually the good guy
>lets fight for no reason though

>Villain is a floafing green eldritch woman
>Villain is a moon ghost
>Villain is the personification of Death itself
>Villain is that one guy you fought at the start of the game who somehow escaped to the past off-screen

The amount of people whose first FF is 14 is disgusting

Attached: 1643918258490.jpg (2048x2048, 379.55K)

Who was Azem again? I played through all xpacs but the story went full shit after HW 3.0 that I can't remember anything.

Are you actually retarded?

Such was the case before Endwalker

Who is the best mommy of XIV?

Attached: 1643944876875.jpg (640x480, 36.12K)

>Shit shit shit he was supposed to come alone
>I put on my tights and everything damnit
>He even brought the kids, I can't make this work
>Fuck it just do some trial by combat stuff, maybe I can knock the other seven out

Azem is one of the original Ascians and one of the major players to stand against the convocation of 14 (the only member of the convocation to do so). It’s very strongly hinted that you’re his reincarnation.

Venat was the previous Azem. And EW reveals that Emet-Selch actually somewhat took up the duties of Azem through all the years post sundering out of respect for his lost friend.

Attached: DC6FCDDC-804D-4AF4-937A-865A4BD2EA29.png (2888x5112, 3.38M)

unironically 10/10 writing. Years from now on people will still praise the game for how amazing it was

Give me another FF game that plays like FF14 then. I tried 7 and 8 but lost interest.

She wasn't the final boss. That will be Hydaelyn's Twelve simps she shielded from her sundering in exchange for helping her betray her people to become the supreme god of the star. Not a bad gig, betray your people and in exchange you get to play deity for a few eras over the shattered retarded remnants of your people's souls.

Now that their crystal babysitter is gone for a bit we'll see how they respond.

Attached: venat.jpg (1770x1079, 450.1K)

I know you haven't played the game but the bird was never the source of despair, they picked it up from various civilisations on their journey through the cosmos in search of an answer to Hermes' question and since they're basically super empaths it overpowered them to only ever feel sadness and despair from dying planets and civilisations until they became so depressed they decided to just end it all for everyone in the universe

>samurai is mindless 123 with jank movement
>ninja is lots of work for questionable reward and literally every job is 2 minutes now so half your tricks aren't even worth it
>blm has more instant casts then red mage now and doesn't feel satisfying anymore
>reaper is unplayable before 80
>summoner is like a phys ranged but without the cool glamors
>but phys ranged is somehow even worse

only good dps are mnk/drg/rdm

MommyCrystal always is and was the best.
I was so glad to see the people crowing for what would have been the most cliche and stupid “Le evil Goddess woman!” twist got BTFO.

Right from the very start EW makes it clear that Hydaelyn is the best.

Attached: 0A27D722-6098-4DE3-AC92-C47056AE0B85.jpg (2000x1650, 1.91M)

>depressed bird girl
empathetic collective consciousness that absorbed too much sorrow*

Attached: 1639599298453.png (565x656, 928.25K)

I wouldn't trust weebs, and mmorpg-fags opinions on storytelling and writing

stop being obtuse on purpose

She didn't spare anyone from being sundered and if they supported her they knew what they were signing up for
The only reason Emet didn't get sundered for example is because he was in the underworld at the time, physically and metaphysically too far from Venat to have become sundered
The other 2 who survived sundering were similarly disconnected, one probably in Pandemonium at the time and the other was Zodiark's heart so that might have had something to do with it

Attached: 1643975926378.gif (220x231, 494.9K)

Seething convocation hands wrote this post.
Hydaelyn literally saved us all, get fucked subversion kike

Final boss was Zenos

>The Twelve are Venat’s followers
Ho, that actually makes a lot of sense, and it would be a lot more interesting than them just being Primals. One of the things I’ve lamented in this game was about how the Gods play such an important role in the lore and setting/backdrop, but are then written to just be primals and basically nothing. Your character has a “Guardian Diety”, but you certainly wouldn’t actually revere any of them by SB or so. It’s a shame, fantasy stories are more fun with Pantheons imo.

That said, I doubt they’ll actually go that route, for two reasons:

>Venat refers to you as the last of us. There’s no more Ascians left.
>After Endwalker I imagine they’d prefer to get away from the Ascian plotline and drawing everything back to them

Then who are the Twelve. Or our Twelve (WoL's), as Emet called them.

>Punches a hole in reality
>"Run it back"
God I love this fucking autist.

Attached: 1643919729251m.jpg (1024x576, 40.38K)

>the final boss was A FUCKING TREE
>the final boss was your dad
>the final boss was some literal who that came outta nowhere
yeah

Not really, he's an exhibition fight more than anything

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I wish there was an option to refuse the fight and leave him to just stew in his frustration, dying alone at the end of the universe as the power he’d taken ebbed away.

He’d spent his whole life hurting people and making everything around him worse, I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction. I don’t like that he got what he wanted, even if it didn’t seem to truly make him happy.

In the encyclopedia descriptions of the era when the Twelve were active, the stories are of how they just went around bringing creation however they wanted. They clashed and argued with one another. This all happens after the Ancients and the world is sundered. So unless some aliens came around right after the sundering it stands to reason that they were just Ancients in their transformed state having an all out creation party.

>He’d spent his whole life hurting people and making everything around him worse,
Product of hos environment. Varis didn't want a son, he wanted a weapon.
And technically speaking Zenos DID prevent a Calamity, and likely saved more lives than he would later take. Beyond that still most of the deal with the Towers would have been done with or without him by Fandaniel.
Zenos just knows he's meant to be the bad guy and goes with it.

Is it possible experience the whole story solo? I don't think I could no-life an MMO again

Probably related to Hydaelyn but very doubtful that they're unsundered or even Ascian
I wouldn't consider in-game representations of character numbers very accurate either, they might not be as purposeful as they seem
I also recall some recent interview or stream Yoshi-P mentioning how it's gonna be a hook for future content or expansion, but as said it seemed pretty definitive that the ascians are over
Loporrits had access to similar creation magicks as ancients but they were entirely Hydaelyn's product too

You'll have to queue for a few trials and stupid easy alliance raids to finish the story, but don't worry! Some idiot with a crown will join your party to guide you through it really poorly.

Pixel graphics are trash and all the 3D ones have you play as some effeminate fuckboi. XVI is looking decent though