Why do people suck this game's cock so much

Attached: 28263674.png (600x826, 1003.22K)

Because it really is that good.

Attached: James the sinner.jpg (823x950, 186.54K)

Because it's good. Are you one of those that has the neurotic urge to prevent yourself from liking anything that has a major following or something? It's ok, you'll grow out of with age.

It's the only game with fixed camera angles that's actually scary.

Why is it good though, I watched footage of it and it just seems weird, idk why people call it a masterpiece, like some fatass complaining about being fat or something

Good story for a video game, and genuinely spooky sometimes.

>I watched footage of it and
Stopped reading.

>watched footage
I can't help you if you don't play it.

Play it and find out, telling you why it's good would ruin it.
If you're wondering why people would have played it anyway back in the day with no prior knowledge, it's the sequel to one of the most impressive PSX games, so it was bound to be good.

you need to be 18 to post here

ah yes, if one game in the series is good, the entire series must be good right?

it is good, but not for the story.

It is the ultimate horror game.

This was back when Konami had a good track record. And when they were a video game company.

I'm sorry you didn't experience gaming pre-2008 user.

???

People liked Silent Hill 1, so people bought Silent Hill 2. How hard is that to understand?

Are you legitimately retarded? I'm probably am for responding to obvious bait.

What?
That part isn't meant to be indicative of the quality of the game, it's just explaining why people would be excited to play it in the first place. That usually happens with sequels to good games.
In fact your little mental gymnastics here immediately falls apart because every game after Silent Hill 3 got slammed, so it's not brand recognition that's getting them by.

Do you think SH4 would have been slammed if the reviewers could look into the future and see that the series got much, MUCH worse?

Attached: Kramer slides in.jpg (412x322, 82.68K)

It's a very flattering game to observe yourself appreciating. Basic use of ensymbolism and the plot revolving around someone's inner life rather than exoteric actions. None of it's actually subtle or requires the player to realise anything beyond what they're told to make sense of it, but if you don't think for a moment it *feels* like a big achievement.

oh this is one of those threads where you also suck the game's cock by pretending to be an [x]oomer who can't understand good thing and approaches it in an obviously retarded way. This is what I mean by the above point, the only way to "not get" Silent Hill 2 is by not actually playing it. It's possible to not get Silent Hill 1 and 3 by not picking up on allusions to past significant cultural works, not being able to piece together subtext, etc, and walk away from it thinking it's some goofy stupid game about a cult.

You're trying to play up the great insight of Silent Hill 2 appreciators, but is it really a great accomplishment to "get" this game? I personally stand with the initial critical and popular reaction. It's a dull step down from the first game that really wants to be a psychodrama novel.

the reaction was largely disappointment and negativity when it came out. The fact it's fans think it can be ruined by talking about it gets into the problem. The only real novel discovery element in this game is it's narrative, which it leans far too heavily on. Psychodrama novel.

Attached: 1641724532554.gif (720x574, 668.53K)

No way. In hindsight there is an obvious dip in quality but it's like B- in a series that had been nothing but A+ since day one. It's easy to see why people were disappointed (I was one of them and was overly harsh at the time, too) but it's miles ahead of everything that followed.

The first 10 minutes of Origins was good LET ME BURN but everything after that was a train wreck, and every game after that has been one dumpster fire after another.

I WISH I COULD SAY SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR APARTMENT RIGHT NOW THAT WOULD MAKE YOU FEEL AS ANGRY AS I AM

Everytime i remember SH2 i get too fucking angry because people that don't play videogames will never know the story of it through a movie since hollywood suck so much fucking dick and fucked up the "adaptations"

Attached: 1641459755972.gif (100x100, 441.83K)

The game made them stupid