Wtf you guys told me that this game sucked ass but its pretty good

wtf you guys told me that this game sucked ass but its pretty good.

Attached: 1643942062430.jpg (960x960, 191.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KUap9za3WqQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its pretty good and sucks ass at the same time

metroidvania done right, i love taking stony through to the later tournaments, and dragon kazooie is the best reward in vidya

Attached: pad.jpg (259x194, 7.41K)

>Any Forums
>liars
who'da thought.

>playing through BK for the first time
>everything is slow as fuck
>camera is fucked up, even while holding the R shoulder button
>running shoe puzzles require strict timing.
>Mumbo transformations require you to go back to Mumbo if you want to change back
>unlocking a new level has you traveling across the lair to find it

I don't understand why, or how people shat on Yooka for the very same issues Banjo had, yet virtually no youtuber complained about them with Banjo. I do however have to admit that Banjo has a lot of charm and humor, and it's oddly addicting, I gave up with Yooka after a couple of hours.

Grunty Industries is one the best worlds ever made

You're damned right. It's not quite as good as Click Clock Wood, but for a factory level of all things to be that good and have so much variety in its structure is miraculous. My brother, to this day, still has not figured how to get in.

Also, what it is about putting tall structures in the games that seem like they'd be 'too high' to get to and then finding that there is actually stuff you can get to by flying up there that's so satisfying?

It's the biggest case for a lesser played sequel being better there is.

Never trust anybody here, not even me.

I'm playing through it for the first time, and I must say that I don't really like it that much. It would help a lot if you could swap characters on the fly (so splitting, Mumbo, and transformation), because as it stands it's just so clunky that it sucks all the fun out of it, and moved about 25% faster. That doesn't make the levels any less dull or confusing, but it would at least be more tolerable. I just made it to Grunty Industries and am strongly considering dropping the game because fuck, it's a chore to navigate, and I'm not looking forward to having to do anything with the Washer.

I played BK when it came out and I've loved it since. If I didn't know what to expect going in to BT, it would probably be the most disappointing game I've ever played.

i don't trust this

Banjo-Kazooie has smaller worlds with better set-pieces to help you navigate through the levels, not to mention collecting shit is much simpler than in Yooka-Laylee.

It's funny, because I remember for a long time people considered this to be superior to the first one because it was objectively more ambitious. It was to BK what Seasons 2-3 of Spongebob were to Season 1.

But now people are all of a sudden shitting on it.

release the bird

honestly, I've seen that happening with a lot of N64 games, specially the Rareware ones.

It's mostly a result of them having played the BK games when they were young and easily impressed, but also partly because the collectathon fanbase is easily one of the most autistic in all of gaming.
Just take a peek into a spyro thread and you'd see all the proof you need.

Do you guys think the new 3d Yooka Laylee will be good?

Attached: vendifeet.png (251x201, 11.67K)

I liked YL a lot despise it's problems so I hope Twooka-Laylee ends being good.
Fightan', racing-sim and Rhythm autists are far more autistic than the scrimblo autismos
>Spyro
Spyro just attracts scaliefags and fawn fuckers.

Never, ever, EVER take Any Forums's word for anything

They said this game was shit when really they're just pissed they can't fap to Dark Queen any more

Attached: Battletoads.jpg (1920x1080, 268.69K)

negative reputation is literally people playing it as stupid kids, getting lost because they have an undeveloped brain, and then holding onto that frustration for 20 years until they write youtube essays about how "charming" the original game is aka it gave them goodfeels by being a casualized mario 64 with funny cartoon characters

>It would help a lot if you could swap characters on the fly (so splitting, Mumbo, and transformation)
I generally found that you either activate these things near where you need to do it, there's a warp pad that takes you to where you need to go, or getting accross the level in that state is the challenge and the actual task you have to do is just busywork

>people shat on Yooka for the very same issues Banjo had
Yooka has bloated worlds with no breadcrumbing, collectibles scattered haphazardly, godawful minigames, constant cringeworthy self-referential humor, annoying music, and the ugly generic Play-Doh artstyle that plagues other modern cartoony platformers. It's a much worse game than Banjo. That being said, The Impossible Lair is a lot of fun.

It's good when you don't have to fucking backtrack all the time

It also had the best boss music in the series bar none
youtube.com/watch?v=KUap9za3WqQ

Yooka-Laylee's biggest problem was being a crowdfunded game. Because they couldn't cut anything that didn't work out well on account of them promising it'll be in there (and there was a lot they promised would be in the game), those features ended up being somewhat undercooked, and in doing so took time away from polishing other parts of the game that desperately needed it. The next game won't have to worry about that, so they can focus on making the good stuff as good as it can be, like they did with Impossible Liar.

Attached: E5wVuh7WUAI85gW.png (518x621, 255.65K)

we told you it was a masterpiece

you mean tooie, right?

I think the first game is better, but Tooie is great too. I just didn't like how much bigger the levels were in Tooie since it made them feel more empty instead of compact. If the levels shrunk in size like by 75% it would make a big difference imo.
Also this

YL is worse than tooie, thats the point. we thought YL would fix all of tooies problems since it came out 17 years later