RIP Metaverse

RIP Metaverse

Attached: 1AA2A84F-5819-46F7-BF86-2D571A10E5A0.jpg (1136x1691, 836.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3A-1gK9gDuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are tech companies completely out of ideas that they have to make TikTok clone #584842?

You would think they would have learned from Snapchat and the million iterations of “stories” that came out that stealing a popular app’s gimmick almost never works out because people will just keep using the original

>RIP Facebook's implementation of the Metaverse

FTFY

I still don't get what Metaverse supposed to be. My dumbass mind thought that they're trying to make, basically a more down to earth version of the Matrix, but all they come up with is a glorified Second Life + VRchat.

Attached: 1580041966688.jpg (466x644, 52.52K)

>basically a more down to earth version of the Matrix

That's what the holy grail of the Metaverse is, but it is fucking impossible with current technology, even more so when you consider it also need to be cheap enough for a large amount of people to get into it for it to actually get off the ground.

youtu.be/3A-1gK9gDuU

Attached: 1643907135899.jpg (1920x1920, 2.97M)

Zuck was just at the right place at the right time and became a millionare by making a social network that's going down in history as one of the worst aspects of the modern internet.
He's just desperate to make something futuristic and cool so he can redeem his images, but again, all he ever made was a terrible ad platform so he doesnt have the imagination

Poor mark :)

The Metaverse is basically supposed to be the catch-all name for the AR+VR extension of the internet. The idea is to create a virtual layer of reality on top of the physical reality we experience.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2021-11-23-at-8.49.14-AM (1).jpg (2090x1280, 542.85K)

>linking a 16 minute video
>mascot is a smug onion faggot with a coffee cup

where do you think you are

LMAO look at all those diversity hires.

I look forward to saving my god damn time and money.

on the internet

What exactly went wrong Any Forums? Why did all these NFTs and MUH METAVERSE shit seemingly die overnight? And even if they didn't die, the people peddling it are gettubg ready to backpedal like bitches.

Did investors catch on that it was a scam?
Did people just not give enough fucks about it?
Not enough short-term gain when alk these plans will obviously only pan out years if not decades into the future?
Government intervention?
(((Outside))) intervention?
What happened?

Second Life made by peak soulless corporate sociopaths.

Attached: 1639247689043.jpg (680x416, 106.8K)

>is a glorified Second Life + VRchat.
That's literally all it is, and they're desperate to market things to normies as if the other options which are far superior simply don't exist.
The idea of people buying virtual land in the metaverse is fucking ridiculous, especially when you consider that right now you can find and commission someone to build you an entirely custom vrchat world, or spend the time learning to make it yourself. The possibilities are actually limitless, especially with the amount of prefabs you can buy/download. Want a pool table in your world? Literally just slap the prefab in. Want to be able to climb things with either hook guns or your own hands? Slap that shit in. Want to be able to grab other peoples avatars and throw them around? Slap that fucking shit in

>we want the call of duty audience

Sorry that fantasy is more interesting with different looking people? Go shove your Warhammer minis up your ass again about it.

Metaverse is probably one of the bigger case of algorithm-based marketing speak that fucked over the product itself. To this day, people just can't wrap their head around what the fuck it is and the only thing they have were mere big marketing words that never meant anything.

Attached: 1589298194658.jpg (500x373, 26.5K)

Marketing campaign for a vague interpretation of just another way of social interaction
the term got popular because roblox and fortnite lawyers used the term "Metaverse" to define them, as in their games are used as platforms for many kinds of social interaction
i've seen countless boomers in tv and real life mixing up the terms metaverse and multiverse so that may also be part of it

I never understand why they creating something like that while keeping it ugly as hell and not anime.

>passive aggressive statement ending in a question mark

Ah, you're one of those twitter homos.

the problem is you're thinking its something more than second life in the first place.
we wont be at that stage until you can sit in a chair and be physically connected to VR.
simple put, we don't have the technology yet. these guys are just master corporate memers

The metaverse is you having a digital wallet being able to buy digital goods and taking those goods, along with your wallet, into any digital space there is.

Here's an example: I buy some digital Nike sneakers, put them on my Fortnite avatar, then move that avatar over to World of Warcraft, where my character is still wearing those Nike sneakers.

Go back.

All this pretty much proves is we need a sequel to Second Life. Second Life was always cool in concept, but aged horribly. And no, VRChat is not a "sequel" to it.

The goverment taked nfts a little and no one really cared about the metaverse except zucc so it's not that. The problem is that they're solving an issue no one has and doing so in an invasive corprate scum way, to the point that even your average no-brain redditor caught on to avoid it. Can't make money if everyone hates you, much as investor types seem to think otherwise.
Something like the metaverse will probably exist in the future, but it's gonna have to justify it's existance instead of just existing to exist, and hopefully it will be independant and open rather than a corprate entity but you and I both knoe that's almost impossible in this era.

that's fucking stupid

Create your own fantasy rather than destroying existing fantasy please.

Nah, it just be the same shit, just more in your face. Go back nigger

you know what else is stupid?
thinking that the metaverse will ever happen.
its literally impossible to get that many corps to work together and come up with standardization, especially when you're talking about software.

>quest marker IRL
grim

Second life except you can buy digital real estate. so second life

Are you that autistic you can't tell people apart if they're the same race?

How do you piot a vr service to video? What is up with his eyes?