Modern games are expensiv-

Modern games are expensiv-

Attached: 2bun68kcfpf81.jpg (640x1112, 114.04K)

my favorite game is ps2

is there a bigger meme than adjusting for inflation? you're not time traveling to buy this shit, they cost what they did at retail, you're getting upsold and taken to the cleaners now

>adjusted for inflation

Attached: 1525631816668.png (644x800, 42.65K)

Those are not even games

>3D0 700 on launch for no games
OH NONONONO

inflation can't tell you everything but it's stupid to compare values without taking it into consideration.

no, you're just low iq

i have no real reason to trust these adjustments, because im positive they were done lazily and are therefore useless.
either way, so fucking what lmao people have different priorities now and you're not going to meme me into spending $1000 to play a Demons Souls demake.

this is some zoom zoom rhetoric right here

>10$ different from 1986 to 1989 some how equals 66$
i dont think its that extreme

Attached: 5115.jpg (700x744, 23.5K)

inflation is created by the central banking system printing money, back when the dollar was backed by silver, it wasnt a problem at all.

my favorite game is saturn

my favorite gaymer is Brandon.
Let’s go Brandon!

trowing in consoles like the 3DO and neogeo is pretty dishonest cause no-one bought those.
and the PS3 was a flop until the price lowered.

also modern consoles have alot of extra fees like online that retro consoles did not have.

Don't forget that most retailers sold the consoles at different prices. 700 dollars for a 3DO in 1993 sounds ridiculous, except for the fact most retailers (at least in the NYC area where mine comes from) sold them for about 350 dollars because nobody was buying them at suggested retail price and they were just sitting on the shelves, gathering dust. Nobody ever talks about that part when bringing up video game prices because in order to know about that you had to actually be alive when those games were being sold, not looking up sales figures on the internet decades later.

you don't know much history, do you user?

credit, loans and adding more coinage or silver can inflate too, it just was difficult for the state to do it and bubbles would adjust with less impact

>he doesn't know about currency debasement being a big problem

could you fucking imagine paying $800 just to play fucking atari

Attached: 1628809839493.jpg (300x381, 17.73K)

Neo Geo wasn't even aimed at the home console market. It was an arcade machine first and foremost.