Just watched XIII

just watched XIII
what the fuck was up with that writing, that story?

Attached: 1641703041704.jpg (800x450, 47.9K)

Call of duty and michael bay transformers were the main inspiration

The localization was shoddy and made the experience worse as a result. The JP version is better.

Half the plot is in the data logs which a LP won't show you.

does the JP version not have weird yelling outbursts every few lines?

>watched
The datalog contains 90% of the plot and lore.

This is only half the problem. The other half of the problem is that the plot isn't thought out very well. The actual concept of everyone living in a nightmare world where they're enslaved by angels who don't give a fuck about them and are actively trying to kill them to bring their god back isn't bad. But the path to the ending is so fucking stupid. Because the whole theme of the story is not being a slave to fate. But the characters do everything the angels tell them to do and by the end they have to kind of wish for a miracle to save them since they knowingly fucked themselves.

i like the XIII trilogy and XV being an absolute train wreck made me appreciate it even more. i may have to play through them all again soon, last time i did that must've been like 2014. XIII is the weakest of the 3 though

Square learned an important lesson with 13 in that apparently the story was too complicated for a huge chunk of its retard audience. I loved it and thought it was a really strong story, maybe the strongest of the mainline games, after my playthrough. Then I went online and found tons of people complaining about it and claiming that you had to read the database to get all the lore. Which is completely not true, the database just recaps what has happened in case you are too impatient to watch cutscenes.

It's just a classic case of a game not realizing how retarded its audience is. Same thing with the combat system, huge number of people got filtered because they just want to be commando/ravager and never use the other paradigms, then get beaten into the ground and complain about bad design.
Unfortunate the reception it got. One of the best FFs, easily.

Who cares? I'm just bummed they won't let you look up Vanille's skirt in the PC version.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12.62K)

>apparently the story was too complicated for a huge chunk of its retard audience
Or that it was just foolish and its structure is antithetical to the concept of JRPGs? Stop me if I'm wrong on something because it's been a while. The goddess Etro made Cocoon and Pulse and put her angels and humans on both. After she fucked off Cocoon started taking shit from Pulse because it turns out Earth is actually bigger than their weird ass Dyson Sphere. Pulse gets mad, Cocoon and Pulse goes to war. Pulse makes an angry demon thing to break Cocoon but Vanille pulls out early so instead they just end up damaging it. So the war stops because Pulse ran out of people to throw at Cocoon. Oops. So Cocoon starts taking more shit from Pulse and putting them in giant towers except of the things Cocoon took was one of the fucking angels from Pulse. And just no one noticed. For years. So I guess Serah ended up wandering into one of the Vestiges...somehow? We don't even see how she became a L'Cie, she just has it one day. The angel tells her to bring a bunch of people who can destroy Cocoon because Anima just knows who can do it? And the angels in Cocoon are like

>Fuck yeah this is a great opportunity to commit suicide by human

If the Fal'Cie commit suicide to bring their god back how do they know their plan will work if they along with everyone else is dead? Whatever Lightning and friends are turned into doomed prophets and rather than just taking one for the team they carry their plan through to completion. Orphan is dead. Bartandelus is dead. They did everything the villains wanted. You don't even know why everyone turned back into humans until you play the sequels. Why did Bartandelus's threat of getting Cid to start a riot even matter to Lightning. Fal'Cie cannot be killed by muggles, that's the point. All of those fucks are going to die anyway if they don't complete their mission.

Am I being unfair here?

Attached: 1590010294397.jpg (576x960, 97.63K)

>the database just recaps what has happened in case you are too impatient to watch cutscenes.
This is AGRESSIVELY wrong.

smoothbrains don't understand ludokino and become aggressive when confronted by big ideas and innovation.

Attached: 1609463946757.jpg (800x450, 56.85K)

yea literally none of your story summary is accurate.
The Fal'Cie plan is pure desperation. They have no proof that their plan will actually bring back the Maker but it's the only thing they can think of to try.

Oh also the whole reason people have to guess at their Focus is because the angels aren't supposed to be able to communicate with humans properly which is why they have to rely on a hazy dream .gif that you can only see once. Only for the game to reveal that Bartandelus was also an angel and that he can just talk like a normal fucking person and just gives away what everyone's Focus is. So what was the point of that vision shit?

You're a retard, probably didn't even play the game

started 2 days ago, half the fucking plot is in the files.

forgot pic

Attached: Capture d’écran 2022-02-04 030353.png (1090x151, 74.58K)

>watched
get the FUCK out of here

*rick and morthy pasta*

Okay why? Everything dies if Cocoon falls. That the point, the Fal'Cie claim that if too much death happens at once then all the souls will just burst through the doors of death where Etro is hanging out apparently. But what does that matter if they're dead too?

Wait. That is the plot to xiii? Now that I'm thinking about it all I really knew was that cast was on the run for reasons.

>it's another "the villain's motives are BeyOnD yOuR ComPrEheNsion" episode