What are some of the drawbacks of PC gaming?

what are some of the drawbacks of PC gaming?

Attached: gamingPC.jpg (2000x2000, 259.68K)

name me (((ONE))) singular videogame you can play in a pc.

Being tied to the desk is a bit of a bummer. Sometimes I just want to chill on the couch with my wife. We've got a series x setup but not being able to mod games or have my steam library available is a bit of a bummer.

More troubleshooting
Games not guaranteed to run well on your machine
Having to download everything
Sat at your desk instead of lying on a couch/bed

troubleshooting and dont let any pc FAGGOT tell you otherwise

the troubleshooting games is just annoying. devs are so lazy you have to manually cap the fps in every fucking Unity games nowadays or they fucking implode and take your gpu with them

Configuring games to run efficiently in your type of hardware and disabling unnecessary visuals effects.

-Specs. Someone's game could run very differently than yours, its not unified like consoles.
-No comfy couch gaming, your face is usually close to your screen
-Any part of your pc could just die at any given moment with no warning (consoles aren't immune to this either, but its much more common in pcs)
-Overheating is a problem, same as above still in consoles but only in pcs does it ever get really bad
-Digital only games, most prebuilts don't even come with disc drives anymore
-Operating system updates could make older games hard to play, if they even work at all.
-Some games require tweaking to get working
Those being said, PC is still the way to go due to sheer customization (and the fact that if you do have a component die on you, it's just a matter of swapping it out with another one and boom problem solved)

Figured this would be a good thread to ask, best prebuilt desktops and gaming laptop below $2k USD

>he doesn't have a jerry-rigged contraption so that he can lay while his monitor is handing over his head

maintaining a computer is 80% appeasing the forces of chaos. you can be an expert in hardware and sometimes shit still just doesn't work even though it should.

also being tied to a desk is kinda lame even if you have a really comfy chair.

cost more than all three consoles combined
devs optimize primarily for console
windows spyware
already working 8 hours a day on my pc from home
cant connect pc to tv because pc needs to be in my office
nvidia
cat only sits on my lap when i am on the coach, meows hysterically when i sit at my pc

Generally more hackers.

I swear there needs to be an organization that gives unique IDs for players. You hack? Boom banned for 2 years from every video game.

Have a team hired to check if they are hacking and those that abuse reports get tickets. I don't fucking care how overreaching it seems. Hackers deserved to be taken to the fucking gulag.

that's in the range that im looking for too

its not tied to a desk. you can put them where ever you want. you retarded.

It simply isn't possible to optimise a game if the hardware is not fixed. If it doesn't run well, buy a new CPU and GPU. Don't blame the developers for not being able to do the impossible.

-PCfags in general
-cheaters in online games
-most games cannot run well on PC
-emulation isn’t that great (no online mode or performance issues)
-digital games can be sold at an arbitrary price, whereas physical games can be bought cheaper
-Most PC games need a controller
-PCfags

Attached: AB7123DC-4D6B-4A0C-A11A-DF08F51E1A7E.gif (450x450, 3.87M)

Glad I picked up a hardware steam link before they stopped production.

Hey, something I can answer!
I've been using the Lenovo Legion Tower 5 AMD for the past month or so, costed about $1.5 (shipping not included) and it works wonders. No problems whatsoever.
It can handle doom 2016 at a costant 144 fps on default settings, and can run apex really well as well. Haven't tried any more demanding games than those, so that's where it ends.
It does come with windows 11, which is kind of annoying but once you get used to it after a few days you barely even notice.
The specs mine had is the Ryzen 7 with the Nvidia RTX 3060. Is it a good combo? Idk, this is my first gaming pc/prebuilt but I don't have any complaints yet.

Attached: lenovo-legion-tower-5-amd-nvidia-logo.png (725x515, 295.04K)

do you use a TV as a monitor? I work remote so have to shit at this fucking desk 8 hours already. My ass can only take so much

forgot a few:
achievements can be hacked
old games need to be troubleshot
assassins creed has shitty pc ports
no physical copies
epic game store doesnt let me backup games
steam doesnt let me play when offline unless i turn on offline mode before going offline
gog stopped doing gog downloaders and forces me to use browser or shitty launcher
pricing on sales is equal to amazon prices for new physical copies
games dont launch day 1 on pc
when games launch on pc two years later they almost cost full price

and most importantly of all pcgamers are fags lol especially Any Forums

Splinter Cell trilogy runs great on PS3. But on PC it’s shit. In fact, Chaos Theory isn’t even available on Steam. That’s how shitty it was on PC.

I have a 980 ti so this beats anything

Just look in Google Shopping. I got a 1660S prebuilt for AU1800

Is a bit expensive, that's it, but if you are a piratefag the PC will quickly pay itself with free entertainment.

There is truly no other downside besides initial price.

damn so invest in a system that gets outdated faster and then "just buy new gpu" which is priced at whatever nvidia wants

no thx bro i will stick to new consoles every 8 years

>There is truly no other downside besides initial price.
youre a lying little faggot

That's fine, the developers prefer consoles as well.

Ibuypower has some good prebuilts. Bought one last year, and it's been serving me well ever since.

>GTX 1650
>i3-9100
>256 gb ssd
>1tb HDD

All for only 600 bucks. Only drawback is the LEDs on the fans. I think they're tacky and stupid as is, and the software bundled with the system doesn't control them well, so I just disabled them.

I use my PC for work as well. Moving it back and forth from the desk to the den is a massive hassle when it's worth like $5k. My secondary PC is on a 2500k/1080 and isn't able to play a ton at 4k in the den.

I have a link sitting around in a drawer somewhere but never got a ton of mileage out of it.

Unless you have enough experience and knowledge, if something goes wrong with your PC you'll have to guess what went wrong.
Is it the RAM? The GPU? Maybe the CPU? It could be a software problem or maybe Windows won't boot because the bootloader is in the HDD instead of the SSD

Having a PC can be quite stressful.
I feel a console is easier to mantain.

Attached: 1643908168405.jpg (1171x1347, 454.29K)

Nope, I moved from home consoles to portable consoles to PC, I can easily tell PC is the best way to play vidya (unless you are terribly stupid).

Just buy a 30 foot hdmi cable or 50, or however far away your couch is and plug your tv into your pc.

Then use a long usb cord for the controller.

Or just put a tv off to the side in your office and a couch in there too.

if you work on pc you wont hook it up to your tv

Not comfy

Currently if your GPU dies it's very hard to find something remotely good

Great list.
I would also add in cost.

why run a 50 ft cable through my house when i can just buy a console and be fine

parasitic centipedes.

It's certainly more effort than packing up a console but it's by no means impossible. I frequently travel with my full-size computer. Only real difference between console and computer is that my GPU is heavy enough I generally take it out before travelling, and put it back in when I get to my destination. Only other thing is you're gonna have either more cables or more dongles to deal with. But beyond that? it's rather easy.

>Finicky setup
>Expensive for the same performance
>Worst exclusives of any platform
>Windows
>Desk. Unless you set up for the TV which is a worse experience than console.
>No analogue input on KB.
>So much effort into optimizing your PC. It really needs to be a hobby in itself.

t. PC gamer

>ITT Thirdworlders and zoomies who got filtered

Attached: 23.jpg (1341x1343, 105.32K)