Play Mortal Shell

Attached: 20220201_234241.jpg (3840x2160, 2.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDO4NCpp7yQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks like absolute shit.

I've already finished it

>it's another janky, cheaply produced dark souls rip off
You couldn't pay me to play one of those.

Attached: 1632947716607.webm (640x800, 1.78M)

Is it actually fun? Every video and screenshot I've seen looks like almost the same environment, the enemies designs look extremely uninspired, and I haven't seen any cool bosses.

Tell me the game is good so I have a reason to buy it.

why the fuck would i play a bootleg dark souls

Which one is the better game, Nioh 2 or Mortal Shell? I'm in the mood for trying a Souls game not made by From and I would like something relatively close to Dark Souls but still with its own quirks.

>Tell me the game is good so I have a reason to buy it.
its not and you shouldn't
its extremely shallow and short

I don't really like the whole Shell system. It's too limiting in how you play and what you can do with each "Shell".
I'd rather a class system and just let me choose how I want to play.

I'm glad I pirated it.

its not even a debate nioh 2 is better than dark souls or mortal shell
you cant even compare it because its literally a different game mechanically

did they add anything? It was pretty short and I feel like I saw everything in one playthrough
was very clunky and shallow and the hardening gimmick got old quick

I did, it sucked.

Attached: Desktop 2020.08.20 - 07.01.27.04.DVR.webm (1920x1080, 2.83M)

>you cant even compare it because its literally a different game mechanically
which one, Nioh 2 or Mortal Shell?

nioh 2

>Every video and screenshot I've seen looks like almost the same environment
That's because roughly 60% of the game takes place in the same dusty forest environment. The remaining 40% takes place in a dusty cave, a dusty ruin, and another slightly less dusty ruin.

Attached: Desktop 2020.08.20 - 08.33.24.05.DVR.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

>press x to dodge and r1 to attack vS press l1+x then x to quick dodge OR press l1+triangle then x to roll AND press l1+x then r1+x to use a single attack skill

It’s extremely short. There is one central Hyrule Field type area and three temples that you can tackle in any order. There’s about four or five bosses and a reoccurring mini boss that you have to fight to earn each of the weapons.
The combat can feel a little flaccid in the beginning. But once you have the pace of the game down, as well as a few upgrades for your chosen shell and weapon, it becomes really fun.
There’s a dlc that adds a roguelite mode where you can become insanely overpowered that I must have sunk several dozen hours into, but if you don’t like the feel of the combat in the main game then it probably still won’t convince you.

Why are Niohfags such a fragile bunch?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDO4NCpp7yQ

I see.
If Nioh 2 is that mechanically different then I'll go with Mortal Shell. I want something similar to Dark Souls, not something that can't even be compared to it.

I got it on gamepass, it’s really short, the hardening mechanic is kinda cool and once you have all the weapons and the items that let you quick switch between them it becomes a lot more fun. I like the attack animations too, you can mix and match light and heavy attacks in a three hit combo Which is interesting.

It's pretty weird.
Niohfags claim that Nioh isn't a Soulslike but still they can't stop comparing Nioh to Souls or popping out on Souls threads.

>the western souls-clone genre

Attached: 1597958202189.png (709x709, 478.85K)

How is it unironically?