Is there a thing like "too much gameplay" in a videogame?

Is there a thing like "too much gameplay" in a videogame?

Attached: nioh.jpg (1024x1024, 180.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rZuJ0masYjo&ab_channel=DJPeachCobbler
youtube.com/watch?v=oRk_EmtTTQY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love Nioh 2.

Attached: 1637694374774.png (950x950, 674.13K)

I put over 200 hours into Nioh 2 upgrading Underworld modifiers to get +120 weapons and armor. Could never get past floors 111 because double boss encounters with bloated HP.

No, only "not enough variety".

Kind of... ?
I feel like library of ruina hits as close as something possibly can.
The last stretch of the game is just nonstop bosses that you need to pause to learn the gimmicks of every time. Beating them is fun in isolation, but the overall feeling of realizing you have to to through the entire ensemble which is like 10 bossfights, then a 5 stage bossfight, then another 6 bossfights after that, feels absurd in retrospect. I understand the intention of ending on a high note, but I feel like a little more restraint would have made the climax more impactful.

Attached: file.png (600x900, 522.15K)

No? what do you even mean by that

Attached: 1529245030512.jpg (500x613, 104.32K)

I love that snake lady's tiddies

>you have 12 weapons
>but you also have 3 stances
>but you also have enemy skills
>but you also have a special counter to enemy skills
>but you also have a transformation
>but you also have equipment stats
>but you also have stats
>but you also have special stamina heal
>but you also have

Yes, as a matter of fact. But it's not shown as what you're thinking/implying in your post

youtube.com/watch?v=rZuJ0masYjo&ab_channel=DJPeachCobbler

what is my go to combo for fists
right now I'm just either comboing into battering ram or the dempsey roll on ki broken yokai

yeah it's sick. Aside from equipement sub stats and normal stats basically not mattering beyond pumping Damage+defense. It's complex but it's really only as complicated as you want it to be. you can beat the game with one weapon in one stance if you really want to without interacting with the rest of the system. But you really don't get as much out of it if you don't, at least I find it more fun to use all the systems, makes for a good variety and keeps things fresh.

Attached: 1572462710056.jpg (1000x747, 245.58K)

I got stuck on Gyuki for about 12 hours yesterday and subsequently tried out every weapon for a while and overleveled it by like 40 levels, I suck ass but I'm still having fun, tonfas and odachi are both really fun.

cant play anything when i tried fists

This is bad because? The only thing bad about the loot system has got less to do with the loot and more with the clunky ui in sorting it out. Keep the few items that are great and rare, disassemble/donate/sell the rest to and the inventory won't be that bad.

Depends what you mean? A game can have too much variety I suppose. It depends on the player of course, but it's what v would normally label as filtered. It's that feeling you get when you load up a game and feel completely overwhelmed because there's far too much shit to read about to learn and it becomes tedious and boring as fuck to learn it all just to get to the meat of the game. When a game hits you with too many things at once it means it doesn't have proper pacing. It's a balancing act of not making a game so simple that it's too easy and boring, but not making it too complex as it would scare away all the retards.

A good example of bloated nonsense with too much crap is Project Zomboid. It has all these extra options and stupid shit that 98% of players will never use or care about. I just call this bloat, but you could call it "too much gameplay" I guess.

>you always have something to do
>this is a bad thing

Attached: 1629412860294.jpg (1092x1080, 109.88K)

I'm 36 hours into the first Nioh. Overall I'm enjoying it, but some parts of the game design make me wonder if I'm just missing something. It's cool that there are three stances, but I usually dont find any reason to use all three most of the time. I'm running katana/odachi, and low stance katana gets that moves that puts you behind enemies which is totally busted. Mid stance odachi has some nice swings for hitting multiple enemies, but overall I dont use much else. Ki pulse also seems a bit redundant. Most enemies die long beforentoubrun out of ki, and for the ones that dont, they usually have hyper armor or crazy amounts of tracking on their moves, so standing right next to them and pulsing into a different stance/weapon feels stupid; you'll just eat shit most of the time, and being able to pulse on dodge makes it seem like an even worse idea. I imagine you could do some pretty cool with it, just for style, but sticking near enemies is a bad idea usually so I dont know.

>too much bloat
>chess? nah, too simple

It's funny how the Soulsborne games are vastly superior games without needing all that bloat.

Less is more and quality > quantity.

the primary reason you switch style's is for the Flux skills which let you ki pulse with stance switching instead of needing to manually pulse. This let's you extend combos and strings without the need to pause. You might also find certain enemies are high/lower and you need to switch out of mid stance but it's mostly for Flux

Attached: 1573166526456.png (1320x1360, 1.85M)

youtube.com/watch?v=oRk_EmtTTQY

sublime

I hate these snake ladies inside the yokai realm. Counter warning swapped to something totally useless while they can pop out a petrify as they like.
Is there a tell I'm missing?

>vastly superior
>reasons
>"just look at metacritic"