What will it take for you to finally come home?

What will it take for you to finally come home?

Attached: win_quake3arena_gb (1).jpg (3225x2156, 966.03K)

I never played a quake game and I'm 33

an RPG system unironically, i want other players in the deathmatch to know how long i've been practicing lately, gaining experience and levels for playing matches and getting kills, losing exp and levels for going days without playing

You wouldn't know what home looked like if it were painted on the front of a freight train and you were tied to the tracks.

Attached: 1629420786023.jpg (900x600, 80.66K)

I used to play a lot of Quake 3 when I was a lad. I played some with a few friends and bots and had a blast. When Quake Live or whatever the new one was came out I got them all to play with me and they hated it. I was a mediocre player at best but they were all used to halo/pubg etc and only felt frustration getting fragged endlessly by more experienced players.

Nothing because 1999 is never coming back. Arena shooters are just boring now, and only pure autists still put a lot of effort into getting good at playing them.

No money, no audience, no point.

Attached: 1614951353310.png (539x223, 26.61K)

Based off of Quake Live's current situation:
>have more modes on servers that aren't just FFA and CA
>ban all the closet cheaters
>remove all the troon mods
>quarantine all the retarded boomer shitties onto 1 server so I can actually have a game where 3 retards aren't fucking everything>more custom game modes
>the longest yard is permanently removed from the map pool unless the specific game mode suits it well. IP ban all those who disagree
>More community maps
>Different weapons. Doesn't even have to be balanced, just enough variety to where it freshens up the same roster we've had for year

Oh it was quake champions not quake live

Same

a party van that doesn't suck

Beat me to it.

And Totalbiscuit is fucking right. Stop virtue signaling about retro shooters to sound hardcore. None of yall play it.

Attached: 1601682724338.png (329x356, 199.33K)

Isn't virtue signalling just a term people made up to sound smart when they don't have a good way to discount a statement

Retard

It would be cool If they had skins and loot boxes we could buy to make this shitty game bearable

I want to play video games again but I feel like I don't have the time.

Attached: 1516064455469.jpg (720x695, 39.83K)

fug wrong edit

>I feel like I don't have the time
What if you spent the time you use browsing Any Forums to play a videogame instead

Do people actually watch Let's Plays still? I was thinking of making some but I feel like it would be a depressing waste of time.

So what ever happened to that Diabotical game that was hyped up so much?

im not even a hardcore quake guy but i have more hours in quake champions and live when it used to be free than in every other fps released after cod4 combined (other than tf2 which i havnt played in over a decade, and cs)
obviously a game like quake isnt going to have as wide an appeal as easier games but that doesnt mean they dont have something to offer

even if i find quake fun i dont want to play it as much as games that get much more attention and have more of my friends playing them, thats just human nature

i played the beta or alpha or whatever and it was ok but the maps felt like garbage and the oddly shaped character models felt weird to aim at

It turns out that forming the entire visual theme of the game based on the results of a joke community poll was a bad idea.

They tried to court two different audiences at once. They thought that hardcore AFPS fans wouldn't mind the cartoon look, and that making it look silly and fun would trick kids into trying it. But then many of the former were put-off by the look (DBT fans turned that into a meme to cope instead of addressing the criticism head on), and the latter still quit when they got shat on immediately.
Also the fact the dumb fucks never put the strafejump HUD widget back in the game, that didn't help newbies much either.

They also launched on the EGS with zero marketing, and immediately went radio silent after months of being open and discussing things with the community before launch.
It's a god damn shame too, I really loved the modes in that game. Golden Frag was a blast for duel.

cringe take, the reason why nobody plays those clones is because they are just that, clones. Why do you think they are called "Arena shooters" because if they were actually good, they'd be called "Quake 3 Arena"

Attached: 1491527346919.jpg (434x434, 83.5K)