Switch outsells the Wii in under 5 years

Has Mr. Kimashima recently suffered a blow to the head? Maybe from a fall? Anyway...

Lightning isn't striking twice. Wanna believe that Switch outsells WiiU? I'll buy that, despite the bar being ridiculously low. But Wii? Come the fuck on. Launching mid-generation against two comparatively-priced and well-established consoles in the primes of their lifespans isn't the same as launching against a $600 PlayStation 3 and a still-expensive Xbox 360. The competition is a lot more fierce this time around, with both companies ready to drop pricing if Nintendo begins to pose any kind of threat.

Baby steps, Mr. Kimashima. Let's start with selling more than the WiiU and showing that the Switch is a legitimate contender. Then you can set your sights higher

Attached: Nintendo-Switch-Wii-Cover.jpg (1400x700, 59.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

neogaf.com/threads/kimishima-thinks-the-switch-has-the-potential-to-reach-wii-like-sales.1340069/
youtube.com/watch?v=mOCvCRy3LEQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

neogaf.com/threads/kimishima-thinks-the-switch-has-the-potential-to-reach-wii-like-sales.1340069/

Pick a page and post some favourites!

I'm glad someone remembered this.
Thread theme:youtube.com/watch?v=mOCvCRy3LEQ

Nintendochad never stop winning?

Real thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=mOCvCRy3LEQ

Alder theme?

Odds for some sort of PS2 Classic getting made once Switch starts knocking on the sales door for PS2?

Iris.

>This is absurd. The Wii was literally a cultural phenomenon. You had people who didn't care about games buying it because they'd played Wii Sports at a friend's house. You had housewives buying it because of Wii Fit. There is zero chance they'll do that again. Zero.

Now watch the Switch outsell the DS.

>
That's not going to happen. The amount of negative buzz this thing is generating outside of the Nintendo fan echo chamber is palpable. The price is wrong, the networking solution is convoluted, the line up still lacks a lot of the third party games that people actually want and the concept in general is literally a refined re-attempt at the Wii U.

>I'm super excited for this console, but it's not going to be anywhere near as successful as some people seem to think it will be.

Post chad music.

I got the impression the PS Classic Mini bombed hard so I doubt Sony is interested in trying it again.

Let's make up absurd levels of cope.

Switch Lites don't come with a dock, so they're half of a Switch, which means that the units sold should be divided in half to be accurate.

Yes, and this place thought the WiiU was going to sell 200-300 million units.

I actually saw it ranked at number 1 in the 'Playstation Consoles' section a week or so ago on Amazon. I have no idea why. It might say something about hardware sales where that happened.

>50-60 million is doable if they cut the price early and start bundling games this year. 100 million no way, even not possible with a handheld Switch only version.

But it won't outsell both Wii and DS. Switch is a big success but it's a diminished marketshare compared to the past when Nintendo supported at least two products

Even if it's about possibility, it's delusional. 3DS 65 Million, Vita 15 Million, Wii U 15 Million. These combined are 95 Million units.

But:
1. They aren't killing the 3DS, the handheld market is still on the handhelds. The Switch is like the third quasi-handeld, while the fokus is still on the other two.

2. The prices are insane. The price of the console is enourmous, the price for the games jumped from 35-45 Euro two 60-70 Euro. And the prices for a simple controller is also way too high.

3. I think it's safe to say that a lot of Wii U owners have a 3DS, same with Vita and people bought the 3DS multiple times because of the New 3DS, so the number sure is lower then 95 Million units.
EDIT: I mean customers. So with 1 platform instead of three, you wouldn't sell 95 Million units.

All in all, there is simply no reason at all to even think about any number near to 100 million units, not even as a possibility.

Christ I thought the Wii would be Ninty's best-selling console for a few more decades at least

Attached: 1643851897022.jpg (544x544, 71.99K)

but the shitch has no games!

I wish.

>Banned
>Banned
>Banned
>Banned
>Banned
>Banned

Attached: Laughing digimon.gif (498x372, 716.35K)

>but I won't sell 250 million units
No shit you fucking retard

This is just proof that Nintendo higher ups have totally lost their minds. The half baked presentation, the insane accessory prices, it all makes sense now!

Attached: snap.jpg (288x175, 9.65K)