What’s the secret behind making a successful indie game these days?

What’s the secret behind making a successful indie game these days?
Cute girls? Depression/horror theme? Shilling on Any Forums?

Attached: 69FE9E9E-9F32-47A1-8424-7FC1AD069EB2.jpg (825x988, 251.33K)

price it cheap
have an army of redditors ready to shill 24/7 on Any Forums reddit and twitter

>Depression/horror theme?
If that was the case then something like Omori would be way bigger than it ended up being

I think it's funny that like almost all of hololive EN is streaming this. I wonder how much self-awareness they have.

streamerbait

>Cute girls? Depression/horror theme? Shilling on Any Forums?
yes

Isn't that Muse Dash?

Needy Streamer Overdose is just trannybait

this

No its Any Forums bait

Why do westerners want to destroy idol culture so much?

It's random. There's no real pattern to it. The three indie that come to mind right now are streamer overload, vampire survivor and warm snow. A visual novel, a horde survival and a roguelite.

Is there a reason Any Forums gets mad at every successful game?

This is just another way of saying that a game is good at eliciting strong emotions and reactions out of the player.
But you fags don’t see things that way, you’re all pessimistic half empty glass pissants who see everything in a negative light, so you instead see it as “streamer bait”.

Make a good video game

Good luck, specifically that your game happensbto be at the perfect time.
With FNAF, it was the peak of streamers, with this game, is the peak of vtubers.

Definitely a massive shilling campaign. Otherwise nobody would know your game exists and play it

This sadly it's getting streamed everywhere

Catering to incels. Make a game the people want and they will buy it. Make your faggot trash nigger shit and while I respect the effort for doing what you want, don't expect sales.

>VGH, DONT MESS WITH THE IDOL CVLTVRE

This game has been in development for 2 years
It sold 20000 before it was streamed once

No, it means it capitalizes on memes and shit that females think is deep, like doing drugs and cutting your wrists, it has fuck all to do with it's actual quality.

Poggers

It sold over 150k before any large streamer even touched it.

It went for an interesting concept, executed it well and got lucky enough to get noticed.
hundreds of indies come out every month, you need to stand out if you want to succeed and it's much more probable to make it with an interesting game than it is with "quirky Platformer with a twist". the Aesthetic/Art direction also matters a lot, the game is really eye catching, both in stores and Youtube recommendations.

soul

Attached: 1643932072973.png (1920x1080, 1.15M)

>game turns popular
>Any Forums hates it

fucking
clockwork

So which one are you Any Forums? A contrarian or a really angry shill that nobody takes your AAA company that hired you to shill their shitty game seriously?

Needy Girl was made by japs.

I shill indie games for free because I hate AAA Jews

but I also pirate games too

Attached: 1643831108803.webm (500x450, 1000.4K)

It wasn't.

Yes it was retard, look it up.

t. streamer

It was, what makes you think it wasn't?

I didn't expect a Rondo of blood reference at all this game.

It's effectively a video game adaptation of Mori's life.

Attached: 1643696078541.png (1218x756, 1.13M)

I never liked or cared for this shit meme game. The shilling for it annoyed me from the start

I can’t recall the last time a horror game got popular because it had memes.

If you send her down the "Gamer Girl" route she's very open about liking Castlevania (though doesn't namedrop it for legal reasons of course)

shut the fuck up and watch Kamen Rider, gaijin

Attached: file.png (1224x2048, 3.65M)

This.
Any Forums is irrelevant

VTubers have made your typical Twitch thots and whores completely irrelevant

hololive EN is soulless fake whores, of course they would jump on the fotm

stop watching english vtubers

Attached: 1643776296648.png (962x1579, 1.75M)

It's pretty topical with how it feels like we're at the peak of the bizarre phenomenon of streamers being treated like celebrities and idols milking losers for donations. A decent game with some soul put into it like this parodying, joking about, and criticizing it as attracting unhealthy individuals on both sides of it was an untapped idea that would take off if anyone executed it well.

I don't speak Japanese and you don't either.

Retarded zoomer.

>vtubers are soulless whores
ftfy

>This is just another way of saying that a game is good for faking strong emotions and eliciting strong views for the streamer
FTFY

Reine worries me sometimes.

So what's the consensus of this game being big is a symptom that people are turning away from picrel?

Attached: W11.png (639x480, 4.85K)

Why is Mori so cringe... I see myself in her sometimes and I don't like it.

What did the cat write?

So the JP girls are different because?? oh right you are a fucking weeb

???

Any Forums has slowly been overrun with complete retards that only care about shitting on games and their next hit of ToRtanic over the years, Any Forumsermin will continue to seethe as the industry moves on and ignores them, they want to pretend this place knows better than the rest of the internet when the goddamn website itself is treating it as a containment board for their faggotry, why do you think we are getting other boards with specific game genres? to keep the jackasses in here while the people that actually want to talk about their interest, AKA Vidya, go elsewhere.
Any Forums is beyond saving, just go somewhere else if you want to talk about games, because the assholes here are more interested in portraying themselves as wise men of taste than in actually discussing games outside a couple buzzwords and arguments born from aspects outside the game's control.

you will never be a woman

cope holobronies

_____________________________________________________I don't know I will never speak Japanese______________

Neither will you

price it cheap and market it to streamers. that's it.

Because she is a wigger.