Destiny 2

This is about to be finished downloading for my PS4. I've never played it. What should I know? It's the free version and I never see this game talked about on Any Forums.

Attached: destiny2.jpg (1200x1500, 217.85K)

It's an aimless game where you just do stuff for no reason other than "grinding your dailies". If it's anything like the PC free version I played, every time you turn it on you'll be forced in the middle of some random mission.

It also has the tutorial from the first game for some reason. I can't tell if it's supposed to be a whole new game or just like the complete edition of Destiny 1.

Maybe you can just play the multiplayer shooter modes for fun.

Your gonna get into it almost immediately. The world is one of the prettiest I’ve ever seen in a fps. You’ll learn all the mechanics and be intrigued. This will last for about a month

Play the first one instead, this is absolutely impossible to get into as a new player at this point in time.

The free version has fuck all for content. It's my favorite pve fps this gen both visually and mechanically, but the pricing model and the grind are fucking disgusting.

>free version

Well, obviously I'm not buying shit until I test the game. Plus I have no idea what to even buy and also saw there's a new expansion this month.

What grind is there at all in this game anymore, in actual gameplay terms? They drown you in loot and you can be fully kitted out within a matter of hours. The game doesn't have the specific sort of difficulty or design to require the kind of extreme minmaxing that you can get into, so why invest the time into that?

Yeah it doesn't make sense to buy the current expansion since it's almost over. The biggest gripe people have with this game is that devs remove old content. Most of activities you will be doing for bounties (main source of exp) will be updated with the new season.

It's easy to get lost for a new player. Whichever activity you will choose to do, get those bounties before doing it for more exp. Note that you have a seasonal artifact you will be levelling, it gives you weapon mods of which some are must have for dungeons - you won't be able to damage certain enemies without these. The artifact will be reset with the start of the new season.

The game can be an absolute blast for a time. But the more you play the more you will realize that the game can easily become a fulltime business if you want to get the most out of it.

I never played this at all too.

Installed last night. I should try it

For minmaxing you have godrolls: dedicated players will aim to get a specific weapon with a specific set of perks.

As far as grinding goes, I picked up the beyond light expansion about a month ago when it was on sale, and I'm yet to hit the required power level to do certain activities. Here's how it works: each piece of gear you equip will raise your power level. It will be easy to level it up to a certain point, but once you hit the soft lock you will have to be picky about the activities you do (to get rewarded powerful and pinnacle gear only) and the level progression will slow down to a crawl.

I thought you said you like playing the game
what is the grind about, is it not playing the game?
do you have to do some other stuff than shoot things? what do you gain from grind and what would you do if you didn't have to grind and why do you have to bring?

You will have no idea what is happening or why. It has the worst player onboarding I've ever seen. If you don't have a buddy to show you the ropes you'll drop the game pretty quick. It's a very fun game though if you can get over those massive walls. Expensive too if you want access to everything still in the game.

Repeating the same activities can get tiring after a while. I'd like to do those dungeons and raids, but before I can access those I have to grind dailies to get to the required power level.

>I never see this game talked about on Any Forums.

Cause it's shit

The gear score grind in the game is nothing anymore, it used to be ridiculous but now they just keep raising the gear score floor and have the soft cap set so high that you'll be at raid status in no time. It only becomes a bitch when you hit the pinnacle grind which there is very little reason to engage with anyway.

also the level for the basic state of the raids and dungeons is the soft cap for levels, which is the really fast grind. They have the highest concentration of loot drops that increase your level beyond the soft cap and the second soft cap

>cant even play the campaign anymore
>cant even go to titan

lol wtf
i hate modern "games"

literally takes 1-2 days to hit soft cap nowadays

Two of those dungeons and two of the raids can be done at the bare minimum power level you can have.

>remove dlc
>remove campaign
For what reason? I wanted to get back into this game and finally finisht the campaign but it's not even there anymore, do I really have to buy DLC just to have something to do?

Because they decided to keep making content for Destiny 2 instead of making a Destiny 3. There is only so much content they can actively maintain so at this point whenever something is added, something else has to go. Was very much the wrong call, should have made a new game and left D2 alone with tons of content.