Masterpiece or overrated?

Masterpiece or overrated?

Attached: fire-emblem-4-seisen-no-keifu.jpg (632x632, 212.58K)

it's an ok game but overrated by pretentious hipsters who think they're cool for liking that Jap only game.

Overrated. "gameplay" is simply smashing your super powerful units into enemies with little regard for strategy

It's a bit overrated. Still enjoyable.
It's definitely the "hipster" choice to stand out and look cool in the FE community that you play the old games. So, you[ll have plenty of people saying it's the best without ever playing it.
I won't fault the large maps as its something that differentiate itself from the other games.
Really my primary issues are the visuals. I think the portrait art is a downgrade from Mystery's
Visually, I think Thracia was the best of the snes games

Attached: Seliph.png (835x1466, 875.73K)

Should I get FE: Shadow Dragon DS?

better than Final Fantasy Tactics

If you can tolerate how ugly it is

Attached: Marthy Kong Country 1.gif (500x384, 1.9M)

> ugly
I've seen way, way worse. FEH battle animations are worse looking than that.

Do FE fans want everything to be anime trash?

Mystery is the better SNES game

it was ok at best

overrated, thracia 776 is the best FE and Berwick saga is Kaga's actual masterpiece

Agree, the Jugdrall games are def the best in the series but i had much more fun with Thracia, that one is a true masterpiece.

Attached: Fire Emblem_ Thracia 776.jpg (600x800, 215.63K)

Fire Emblem is for babies who have not played true tactic games such as Tactic Ogre LUCT or FFT.

The Jugdral games are fantastic, but even I agree some of FE4s maps are a slog. IMO the apex of classic Fire Emblem will always be Thracia 776, it's a much more focused game and the map design is hasn't been beaten since. Radiant Dawn probably comes the closest but that's it.

it's one of those games with a strong sense of gameplay aiding narrative. the moment to moment combat isn't better than other titles in the series but something about the map size and the time chapters take does lend itself to the feeling of a long war campaign. it has a well done story in this respect, a lot of stuff unfolds while you're playing instead of in out-of-chapter cutscenes. great soundtrack. the coolest thing is that the entire continent is represented in-game in the maps. there's few games with as good gameplay-setting consonance as fe4. that's why it's memorable.

I really don't get the Thracia hype. Same-turn reinforcements that spawn next you isn't skill at all, it's just making you reboot the game if it's your first time playing

And most important the staffs - you literally skip the last 6 maps of the game with staffs, is that really so exciting?

>FFT

Attached: 507.jpg (600x600, 28.77K)

FFT and TO are the most basic shit ever, the only difficult thing about them is that Matsuno is a hack that can't design a good map so you get some occasional shitty difficulty curves, but if you know what you're doing is as easy as the easiest FEs, if you really think what you write you still haven't played the good FEs

Ambush spawns are def bull shit don't get me wrong, and staffs are busted, yes, but you don't need to skip the map, just play it like any other map.

My hype ovre Thracia is the story, characters, map design, music and how you have to overcome such insane odds to win.

Attached: map10.png (512x350, 48.66K)

>Same-turn reinforcements that spawn next you isn't skill at all, it's just making you reboot the game if it's your first time playing
Not a very good argument, most of the reinforcements that spawn next you are usually weak, and the skill is not about those, but all the things that you have to do while they appear

>And most important the staffs - you literally skip the last 6 maps of the game with staffs
another disingenuous argument, not only most if not all of the FEs have shitty lategames, but it's not as easy as you make it sound, you need to have either a lot of luck, skill or knowledge to skip half of those maps, just look at the chapter 23x, a newbie certainly could not skip that

>story
Half-agree. It's pretty good rooted story but it ends up feeling like an expansion to FE4

>characters
I did like Leif being a "flawed" MC unlike all the other mr-perfect FE protags, it was good, also liked mareeta's subplot

>Map design
it had a few gems like defending the town and reinhardt's map, but the previous complaints hold the design back

>Music
definitely agree, great OST

>Overcome insane odds
FE4 definitely gave a better feeling for that, actually felt like a war which most FE games don't really capture

thracia's reputation is mostly untrue, it's supposed to be some super hardcore srpg but actually you can deploy a juggernaut like asbel to solo entire enemy armies.
even on a blind first playthrough, there are some surprise events that might catch you off guard but you can usually work around the game's tricks without having to reset. The only things that might kill you are unexpected enemy reinforcements that attack on the turn they appear. Yes they are mostly weak, but if you don't know where they will appear they can attack one of your weak units and kill them in one hit.

FE4 didn't give me the feeling of overcoming insane odds at all for me, especially considering the holy blood units being giga busted, in Thracia your army is a bunch of sell swords, commoners, farmers, and people who got tired of the empire's bull shit, and taking in consideration that at the beggining of the game you are mostly running away and slowly getting better warriors in your party, actual trained soldiers, well trained mercenaries etc it slowly starts to improve but it never looks like you have an easy win on your side.

FE4 especially on the second generation it feels like you have almost no whay of losing unless you fight another holy blood unit, but yeah the feeling of an actual war in FE4 is def unbeatable to this day.

In regards to maps, i had a lot of fun in almost all of them and i still say it's some of the best in the series

Attached: 1-map22.png (512x478, 56.04K)

>thraciafags trying to hype up a game where the final boss is just a nameless minon

Veld is literally just a random buttslut for manfroy (lol

Best game in the series.

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 17.8K)