Why did it take 12 years for backers to realize they got scammed?

Why did it take 12 years for backers to realize they got scammed?

>you're not buying a game--you're buying a man's dream

LOL. I was never heavily invested in the project because the scope always seemed way to big and I had no faith in Roberts after 5 years of nothing.

Attached: Screenshot_20220203-143310_Chrome.jpg (1080x1949, 283.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u5byfi2JVdo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sunk cost fallacy. They didn't want to admit to themselves they spent so much money on literally nothing.

What happened? I figured people still invested were beyond the point of ever questioning

Scam Scamizen is a big fat scam.

So what happened that caused the SC drones to lose faith this time?

Its not a scam, its just what happens when you put an idea guy in charge with no oversight, and keep giving him more money.

The last dev post could be summed up as saying that the reason why the couldn't make their roadmap deadlines is because backers expressing their expectations and holding them accountable was too high. Instant meltdown mode. This is from a sideline perspective, so someone who's been following the project can tell you way better than I can.

Big oof

Attached: distraction.png (1306x197, 63.87K)

what's chris roberts' opinion on nfts?

Hasn't Chris Roberts literally been using the same doublespeak and tone the entire project though? Every time he opens his mouth he basically says the same thing, guess the blinders are finally falling off of the SC "faithful". But really they should have jumped ship when he posted the pics of him and his wife on that boat.

ANYBODY WANT SOME CAWFEE?!

Attached: htbghx.png (1680x798, 652.82K)

Lmao. We're actually being held accountable and me and the staff don't like that so please stop, also buy this new ship!

I can't recall a single time in the past where they have directly antagonized even a part of their playerbase, no.

This is the first time he's been so antagonistic about it, but every time they talk about shifting timetables for feature implementation it's the same song and dance. Guess he's made enough money to just say fuck the consequences now. Or maybe Statute of Limitations on fraud of whatever location he's worried about being charged in has finally passed.

It's probably another Chronicles of Elyria where as long as he posts "updates" every so often then he legally is free from wrongdoing and will never have to release or refund shit.

>10 years with nothing to show for it
>fucking NFTs have more merit than you

Scam of the century and not a single person wise enough to wake up

Sounds like a scam to me.

don’t care. still buying ships

That's a textbook scam though.

You pay to fantasize about the dream. It's like buying a lottery ticket.

My favourite thing about this is seeing the streamers who based a decade of their life on this shit. Not only have they wasted tens of thousands of dollars on it but they're stuck with fuck all views unable to escape.

Attached: bnb.png (782x649, 31.18K)

>DUDE! I'M GOING TO MAKE THE GREATEST GAME EVER WITH FEATURES THAT MOG EVERY GAME EVER AND REMEMBER WING COMMANDER?

Seems pretty scammy to me. Kinda reminds me of this, but with a much bigger budget and a much more competent alpha.

youtu.be/u5byfi2JVdo

okay but imagine the three hour long video essays on youtube it will spawn in 10 years when it finally shuts down

That is not a scam whatsoever, a scam requires intent. Chris Roberts never took people's money with the intention of swindling them. Its not Roberts' fault that people gave him money, even though he had a long history of overly ambitious projects that didn't fully live up.

When you reach a level of certain level of funding KNOWING you will never release a finished product and KEEP collecting money, how is that not a scam? You are using duplicitous means to separate fools from their money to your benefit.

post yfw you didn't fall for scam citizen

Attached: 1637035680778.jpg (484x519, 53.86K)

That project is a very different situation, an actual scam where did a little and its pretty clear the game never existed and they never intended to deliver it. Star Citizen you can play now, its a game where the developers are trying and just failing to deliver on pie in the sky promises.