Maglam Lord

Anyone else playing this? It's a JRPG that just came out on Switch where you play as a demon with potential yuri shenanigans. It emulates pretty well if you don't have a Switch.

Attached: 1643931531645.jpg (3840x2160, 2.23M)

It doesn't look like something I'd spend full price on, but I'm keeping an eye on it.

no PC port, no buy

I don't play shovelware.

I'm waiting for my preorder to be playable. I have seen literally no one talk about this game since the original announcement. What gives? Is it that mediocre?

It's the spiritual successor to Summon Night Swordcraft Story, developed by the same team.

Even as an AMDfag it emulates at 4K smoothly for me with Yuzu.

It's a Felistella game. And their games usually aren't thought of highly as it it is

I don't play shovelware.

This is the problem with coomers and yuri fans: they always buy and shill atrocious shovelware just because it has coombait or yuri.

Why are you even posting go shitpost in a Dying Light 2 thread or something

Looking at the gameplay it seems like a shitty version of Smash Bros.

They kind of fucked up by deciding to work on Neptunia. Agarest Mariage is pretty much the only actually decent game in that franchise and Luminous Arc Infinity is a pretty competent SRPG overall.

Is it actually good?

Show me in the rules where it says that you can't post on a thread about a game you dislike.

Doesn't this release tomorrow?
Either way. I'll buy it. It looks like it's a spiritual successor to the Swordcraft Story games, right? That's why I am interested in it.

Attached: 1616727916.jpg (1920x2632, 755.53K)

.nsp files are out in the usual sites at least.

Should I play those first?

It has a male protagonist. The people going the /u/ route will be the minority.

Maybe. Probably. They're great.

Attached: 199795.png (469x628, 631.7K)

Are they connected?

A lot of Swordcraft Story's enduring legacy is the yuribait.

Looks decent, might pirate. Thanks OP.

Based.

It looks souless compared to summon night.

I can't say for sure, but on the surface it looks like an unrelated new IP. Mechanically, though? Basically a new Swordcraft Story game. The gameplay and presentation are exactly the same.

>minority
Nah most people who are gonna play this are going female. Even if only because the options are so shit for males they may as well not be there

I see, should I play them in order?
What about the other summon knights thing?
Confusing series

>potential yuri shenanigans
no thanks

Attached: 1564844719371.png (621x359, 149.48K)

The main series is comprised of tactics RPGs, but only 5 and 6 are translated. Badly.

aw

They don't appear to be. But the core crafting and combat systems are the same.
Maglam Lord appears to have more dating sim stuff though, but Swordcraft Story could get pretty flirty with its regular dialogue anyway at times. But they were always really combat heavy games with lots of crafting and customization with gear personalized gear loadoats.

That was Swordcraft Story at least. Maglam Lord looks like it's more of that, but again, haven't actually played it.