OMORI

I thnk it's time you start playing OMORI, Any Forums. You're missing out.

Attached: Omori_cover.jpg (220x330, 20.56K)

i eat my own boogers

fpbp /thread

I've played it like for 5 hours. Combat is a chore and there is nothing to keep me interested. It's literally pepe and that autistic girl THE GAME.

>trust me bro, it gets good 30 hours in
Horrible combat system, lots of filler, bad "humour", great characters and ending. Not sure if the game is worth sinking so many hours for an hour or two of great content

I don't understand what is so bad about the combat

why? there are plenty other jrpgs i could spend my valuable time on? what does it excel and stand out at?

I eat my own cheese

The emotional ending and the characters, that's it
It's classic rpgmaker combat (aka horrible) filled with way too long animations split over 30 hours. Other rpgmaker games at least have the decency to be short so you don't really get to feel how horrible the gameplay is

No, I will wait until the update is out.

don't you have anything better to do?

Attached: mewo.gif (498x326, 455.37K)

they browse Any Forums, clearly not

Attached: 917E5150-3FDE-49B3-AC0C-C1F980915A51.jpg (1516x2048, 220.55K)

Attached: FKqqDKAakAUCGiI.jpg (807x1023, 95.75K)

i've been trying to get into it but the threads always end up being waifu pic spam, sorry, maybe i'll try it some other day.

waiting for something to happen

holy based

Already did it.
It good

Do you not just like turn-based combat then? Not the one you're responding to but your response only comes off that way. I could understand wishing it was a bit faster (and they actually did patch it to be faster eventually) but you're grouping other RPGMaker games being faster to show how you don't notice the combat is "awful" as opposed to the speed up being anything else and that's not even including how other RPGs don't usually even attempt to be different with their combat.

This. It shouldn't be this way.

Here's the thing, I love turn-based combat. Both "strategic" (XCOM, HOMM, Divinity: OS) and the classic 4 niggas in a row (FF X, Bravely Default, SMT, even Persona). It's just that the overall feel of Omori's combat is just horrible with not enough depth to show for it - the emotion system just isn't enough to really differentiate it from the rest. It may feel novel at first, but it's really no different from buffing yourself with a different name all over it

Sorry, I don't play tumblr-tier Western Earthbound wanabee crap

Haven't heard of it, what is the game about?

Is this game actually good

Where is the incest?
Pointless thread so far.

nope

Incest is stupid.

Nah, not schizo enough.

Omocat and her crew are working overtime trying to shill this game into a success

Switch release out yet?

Do it for him

Attached: images - 2021-06-01T110030.748.jpg (503x609, 31.68K)

I'm glad to hear you actually enjoy that form of gameplay in general but that wasn't fully my point though, you generalized RPGMaker games combat as being all terrible which is why I questioned that. That being said, I feel it's a stretch still to call Omori's combat horrible, at most it's just average.
I don't want to come off as fully defending it either though here, since I actually do have my gripes with it as well since it actually under utilized it's gameplay ideas heavily. You only ever actually use the emotion-based combat in any creative way in the final boss fights during the Omori route with Space Ex-Husband only being able to be harmed based on changing his emotion when he says certain dialogue to make his defense go down which works in both a gameplay-sense and a narrative-sense which I found super cool, I wish more fights did this since I can only really think of Mutantheart who just tries to get all the characters to be a certain emotion or she instantly kills you but that's sort of a joke fight. Other things to note is, the Afraid emotion is so under used, it removes the ability of tag team stuff and skills until you change their emotion but it's only noticeable with Hero being scared of spiders and any "Something" fight, though repressing the fears in the Lost Library in the Omori route was nice with it a little. I hope those datamined things that came with the Japanese update leads to more creative gameplay but it's a shame the game shows a glimmer of potential very creative gameplay but never goes through with it in a effort to stay simple/easy. As a bonus thought I wish they did more with being able to stack emotions.

Nah, comes out Spring.

Attached: 37 - hObEerF.gif (340x440, 192.79K)

Isn't this just Undertale without cool music?