Which one is better? Also why is Any Forums the only place that says these games are bad? Contrarianism?

Which one is better? Also why is Any Forums the only place that says these games are bad? Contrarianism?

Attached: 1637606582150.jpg (1283x1024, 387.56K)

Tales of Arise was sovless shit

They're both garbage.

scarlet nexus > shit > arise

Tale of Arise is better for the story, but honestly they're both mediocre

Tales of Arise could have been a legit 9/10 but it falls flat in a few places. Still worth playing as jrpgs these days are rare and often quite shite

They're both good but flawed. They shit on garbage like p5 and xenoblade 2 atleast.

>Tales is sovless shit
FTFY

Why the hate for arise, don't pretend the other tales games are much better. It's a good looking jrpg with fun story and cool characters.

because it got mainstream success. that's it really.

I thought Arise was okay
First half is fun, but then the gameplay gets kinda stale and the narrative goes full retard
Haven't played Scarlet Nexus

>Why the hate for arise
because its a good tales game and it drew the attention to even the casual gamer.
so of course by that, Any Forums has to hate it.

I just started Arise and the combat is probably the best in the series. Not sure about the plot yet.

Is tales even worth playing?

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 293.44K)

Arise was played too straight forward. I miss the whimsical nature from some of the past titles. Also, tfw no lolis

Attached: 1643545639646.jpg (1027x639, 60.79K)

Because everyone like it.

and why do you think it caught the attention of casuals when other tales games didn't

Hows scarlet nexus? im planning on playing it after Nioh 2, elden ring and stranger of paradise.

They usually take a few hours to introduce the bulk of gameplay elements, but once you hit the 2nd town, they're all good fun (Arise does this better - Arise does a lot of things better, Tales was stuck in a rut for decades)
If you remember the thrill of being 14 and watching Inuyasha and Escaflowne, all the better

Scarlet Nexus is great. Top-notch action game. I enjoyed it as much as anything Platinum has made.

Playing through Arise now, its shit. You cant cancel out of anything, and can only dodge from neutral or from another dodge. Boss's cannot be launched into the air, negating half of your artes and thereby also half of the core gameplay. Enemies that can be juggled seem to have a weight or threshold where they'll fall even if youre in the middle of an arte. And the AI WILL interrupt you.
The plot is terrible even for a Tales game. Character interactions and subplots will resolve, and in a few hours will then be backtracked and maybe resolved again. At least a quarter of the skits will retread the cutscene you just watched with a different character saying someone elses line through a thesaurus, with the rest of the skits giving you whiplash from the aforementioned terrible characterization. The main plot is poorly structured, the same plot beats repeating in each town you visit.
On the note of towns, there is a max of two in any given reigon, though most have just one. Dungons are puzzle-less hallways and boxes. Skills cost too much and you earn too little throughout. Cooking, although never really utilized well in any Tales, is even more limited in Arise, only being available at campsites. Weapons are lacking, in that there at least three recolors of several for each character. Accessories are essentially randomized in most of their abilities, and they need to be levelled up separately by spending accessory materials on them. You can eventually transfer one ability to another acessory, but the process remains the same. Arise is just another mediocre Tales game, but much like Xillia, is an embarassment of an anniversary title, especially when it took five years to even release.
1/2

imagine getting filtered by tales of arise lol.

Good game bad
Bad game good

Scarnex is pretty good but the characters are still pretty generic anime.

I liked Scarlet Nexus a lot more than Arise.
The story's completely retarded but the combat's pretty good, especially lategame once you can use 4 SAS at the same time. I'd recommend playing as Yuito first, since Kasane's playstyle is a lot less enjoyable in my opinion.
Characters are quite trope-y but I liked most of them.

They aren't on the Nintendo Switch so we have to hate them for it.

Arise has better characters and story, but feels way too short.
SN had the better combat system and offers a replay on the other route, but does not have any particular memorable moments.
Basically it just comes down to whether you value the story more or the gameplay.

Is the second route worth doing if i played as the guy? I enjoyed the game but don't feel like playing it any time soon.

>Contrarianism?
No it's because Any Forums is the only place people will speak their mind instead of waiting to see what the "groupthink" is and either falling in line or staying silent.

Nexus is overhyped mediocrity and Arise is just more Tales. Simple'as

Scarlet Nexus ill be playing after Arise, and most posts ive seen on Any Forums about it, as well as the demo, indicate that the combat can be fairly deep if youre equipped right, and is open to a decent amount of creativity on the players part like NEO TWEWY. As it turns out, ive heard that a good chunk of the Tales team worked on Scarlet Nexus, which leads me to believe that they just needed to not make Tales game for awhile. They were burnt out, and everything from Xillia onward is the result of being relegated to the same product for years on end. On top of that, Xillia is when the two initially separate Tales dev tems were merged into one, and this also likely created some conflicts in how any given aspect of post-graces f games shouldve been handled. Also, Hideo Baba.
It is ultimately a good thing that Tales received a different dev team, and even though it maybe the God Eater team's first Tales title, theyve ensured that the fanbases expectations remain at the same level they have since Xillia's failure. Likewise, its good that people on the Tales dev team got to make something that isnt a Tales game, because it shows that they still have what it takes to create a decent game and that they simply needed the opportunity to work outside of Tales. Im actually confident that theyll be able to handle Tales right proper after they get another non-Tales game or two out. Sadly, Tales will suffer through its identity crisis likely for the next several years. If the God Eater team cant address the flaws in the system theyve created for Tales games going forward, or if the original Tales devs dont get the opportunity to come back after a break, I imagine bamco will shelve the series in a few years time.

If you do it on NG+, sure.
Kasane's story has a few interesting bits dealing with what happened to Naomi, but it's just an "extra" story, Yuito's definitely feels like the main one.
You unlock a few extra challenge missions by having beaten both stories but that's about it.