How would you rate pic related against other modern search-action games such as Hollow Knight and Bloodstained?

How would you rate pic related against other modern search-action games such as Hollow Knight and Bloodstained?

Attached: blasphemous-switch-hero.jpg (1920x1080, 1.35M)

It's shit.
Level design is shit.
Input is shit.
Gameplay is shit.

Fantastic art.
Great theming.
Mediocre to okay gameplay.
Meh platforming.

Beautiful, polished turd with an amazing voice acting.
But the gameplay, the most important part, is godawful.

Its a pretty entry level metroidvania made great because of its artstyle and soundtrack. I know all the tourists love hating on atmosphere, but this one game truly shows how much an enviorment in a game sways the opinion.

w-what's wrong with the gameplay? feels pretty standard for the genre, Castlevania-ish.

fpbp

It just gets old halfway in. Not even the harder boss fights in NG+ difficulties get that engaging beyond maybe forcing you to parry better.

It wasn't awful but didn't really enjoy it that much either, Hollow Knight was definitely better
I felt kind of bad for the artists who worked on in, it always sucks when someone is giving 110% on a project that's ultimatly mediocre in a way that's not their fault

its 9/10 and holy fuck what a game material with lackluster gameplay but after you cross the bridge you understand game played all its cards early on and everything turns into a 5/10

protip: play the game in spanish dub

Nothing special but solid.

I kept expecting more powerups and abilities and whatnot but it was too simple, maybe I just didn't unlock everything but I was pretty bored by the combat.
platforming felt way too slippery as well, everything else was great though

>you understand game played all its cards early
It's almost like they didn't want you to refund it. ;^)

I've played two years ago so maybe some of these were patched, but
>extremely poor and limited combat system and combat ability balance, charge is literally useless, the vast majority of incantations are trash, aerial finisher is useless, in the end it all boils down to spamming your single main combo and parrying as much as you can, no alternate attack strings, no secondary weapons, nothing interesting going on at all in that regard
>dreadful instakill platforming that greatly overstays its welcome and doesn't introduce any interesting upgrades or additional elements at all
>fixed 3 slots for utility items adding a shitload of pointless menuing unlike the typical metroidvania just enabling shit like floating platforms by default the moment you acquire it
>simple, boring bosses with maybe 2-3 exceptions

I-
>search-action games
Kill yourself immediately

Attached: gfbsrergarehrehdfbfd.jpg (1200x888, 78.18K)

stop forcing this shit you shit stirrer

heh, never thought of it that way as I'm not a PC player but that rationale might explain why a lot of indie titles extremely strong early game sections

Cool art-direction
Garbage everything else
Unfathomably overrated. One of the worst Metroidvanias ever made.

I can't get into it, gameplay is very dull. I was really into the art and atmosphere when I saw the trailers and shit but actually playing it I get bored and it doesn't stick with me. Barely even notice this shit.

Loved the art and design.
Hated the gameplay honestly.

I found it quite slow paced also.

Can the down stab of the sword spin combo ever hit anything? The spin does dump trucks of damage but you cant cancel the damn stab

The movement and combat generally feels stiff as fuck when you're doing anything aerially oriented, and it doesn't feel like it was done in that way for gameplay balance either.
I felt that the areas generally felt pretty indistinct from one another and parrying feels like it wasn't fully made use of.

The music, visuals, and some bosses were really good, but again marred by the gameplay.