The game of all time

the game of all time

Attached: 32bae9d2759ed1a39e70e6df4455b236.png (1035x864, 547.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jhfZVd9N9ww
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this and smt 2 are the best in the series

youtube.com/watch?v=jhfZVd9N9ww

Hey look it’s the year Kevin Nash was raped

this and smt2 are the worst in the series and im tired of pretending they arent

SMT1's a broken mess but it's their first game so it's forgivable (though Im being very forgiving here given Atlus already worked on two megami tensei games prior to SMT1). 2's fucking boring up until the tail end of the game, it's """story""" is just a lot of fucking padding and sidetracking up until you siege the cathedral and fight the 3 archangels and fake YHVH. I was especially pissed by how you practically have to find the body pieces of Masakados only for it to amount to jackshit and be discarded as optional content. Its combat is better at least, but by better I mean that status ailments aren't completely busted yet still has stupid shit like bloated HP pools for bosses and Divine Retribution being a thing.

Also just don't like the constant reuse of assets across both games, but they're old games so whatever.

the ost

unmatched atmosphere to this date, excellent game

i thought 2 had too much backtracking

looks like クロセ
not コロセ, which would be kill

So I started playing SMT1 a few days ago. It's pretty fun I guess. I'm at the Echo Building.

it surprised me how little the games have changed since then. the only real changes are in the detail and QoL departments.

I'm kind of digging the goofy first person perspective. Brings back memories of Phantasy Star 1. It's my first SMT game so I'm still learning what the spells and items do. It's kind of fun not knowing if I'm building my party well or if I'm totally botching it. The Hospital boss was no big deal but I got rekt in the Echo Building. Time to grind?

>Phantasy Star 1
great game

the grind is walking five feet.
just check the levels of your demons and make sure they're near yours. i forget if you have fusing yet, but just catch some that have good spells and you should be fine. the *kaja spells and *kunda spells are the ones you want, i forget if you have many of them that early.

It was a different time

I'm playing this tomorrow, any tips?

Wish they remade it un UE4.

>excellent game
alright relax.

im still disappointed this isn't a real thing but it still got me into the series nonetheless, just upset there wasn't any other scary stuff like this in the other games or more rumors especially this one really fits with the tone of the first game

Nah. SMT3 is the best.

SMT2 has the best STORY for sure though. But as a game?
>Super easy dungeons
>Fairly easy and thoughtless bosses up until YHVHs dungeon then it's a huge difficulty spike and keeps MASSIVELY ramping up until you fight YHVH himself who will feel like absolute horseshit as he does a bunch of things you have no experience against
>There's at least one or two points in the game where it wants you to level a completely worthless stat for the MC to progress in the story and until you do you're fucking grinding

although I want to say the B E S T SMT game is EraMegaten. That shit is goddamn ludo

Attached: file.png (860x660, 67.98K)

eramegaten is the best in terms of content but the combat can go suck a goddamn dick

oh, and i think at that point it's still a matter of elemental weakness. so get those spells too.

The game fucking sucks, weeb.

The combat is pretty much just Strange Journeys with more resistances and weaknesses. It's not really bad and infact I applaud the dev for going with that over Press Turn because Press Turn can be a bit broken on the players end.

it's not perfect by any means but I had a LOT of fun playing it, cant help it

It's surprising how accurate to the occult these are for video games in the early 90's.