11K games per year

>11K games per year
>Nothing to play

Attached: 2022-02-03 22.51.14 bottomfeeder.substack.com cc1cd062af43.jpg (814x840, 93.43K)

There are people who don't think the videogame industry is at its peak right now. These people are console-only gamers.

>AAA shit that gets 40%+ discount within a month
>indie early access that take years to "complete"
>visual novels

and what PC masterpieces have we had in the last 5 or so years?

Factorio

Did someone say 'crash'? Because oversaturation is unrepentant shit was what caused it last time.

Steam shovelware doesn't count as games.

lots, but you'll just gonna say it's shit or something

This is like saying there's too much music or too many movies or too much art.
Yeah, no shit.
The issue is that ever since media replication became a thing, the entire system became skewed between a few extreme winners and an ocean of losers

No such thing as too many games. It keeps the industry competitive and prices low. There's a reason games are so cheap relative to what they used to be

nah, it was a genuine question as I can't think of that many. i do doubt there are more top quality pc games being released today compared to say the late 90s/early 00s though

We had Age of Empires 2: DE

because there are less AAA games since they're all dumping all the company resources into 1 franchise praying that the game will be the next big thing
and the rest are being bought out to support these companies
then indies just shit out Pixel Shit Platformer #919819819819898984984984 or Pixel Shit Rogue Like #9849984916566 and pray to god it sticks because the world needs more of those games apperantly

top of my head: factorio, nier, noita, x4

Most of it is 2d pixel trash

I'm console-only (refuse to support the pc gaming industry) and I'm still enjoying games no problem. If you think we're at the "peak" though, you're actually retarded.

>everybody and their dick makes shitty "roguelites", ripping each other off left and right
>everybody and their dick makes shitty low effort platformers with pixelshit art direction
>everybody and their dick makes shitty Dark Souls clones with ripped assets
There's nothing to play because it's all the same dogshit.

Attached: 1641093268271.gif (500x280, 975.04K)

Explain how we're not at the peak. Which year would be better and why.

The only thing that can crash is the indie scene, the industry will be fine, it's too big to fail now.

nier what? the shitty pc port you cucks got? lol.
>generic roguelite shit #532532
lol

i respect your taste, but for me autism simulators and indie roguelikes doesn't exactly strike me as the peak of video games

rimworld, factorio, subnautica, VR games, and pretty much any good RTS or CRPG is pc exclusive. tons of other games that started on pc but got ported like hades, disco elysium, hollow knight. we're not even talking about "duhhh pixie indie game lol cringe" at this point, and all of this is on top of the fact that we're living in a time when nearly every console up to the 7th generation (plus some others, like the switch and most mobile consoles) is easily emulatable