Metroid Dread

>challenging
>soul
>no bullshit
Is this the greatest vidya redemption story in recent history? It's a fucking stellar game and I can't believe it was directed by the same guy that did Other M.

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_MetroidDread.jpg (2000x1000, 631.05K)

Play FETH, DxM, AC and SMTV

The game is good but it's not amazing. It's not that hard. And it's too short, I beat it in under 5 hours on my first playthrough.

Metroid games are always kinda short.
I went for 100% in my first run and it took me 12 hours.
Fortunately it's highly replayable.
It's challenging but not frustratingly hard. I'd say they often nailed the difficulty curve. Dying a few times before you figure out the pattern gives a nice fllow. I just wish it was a little less linear and hand holdy. There's not really that much opportunity to explore cause there's usually only 1 way you can go.
Looking forward to playing hard mode.

Ive made it to the end, but I keep getting filtered by Raven Beak. It took me like 20 tries to beat Experiment z57, so I guess its gonna be the same for this asshole.

>soul
i can`t even remember a single soundtrack of this game or even a single zone

Attached: 1642548313779.jpg (284x178, 16.69K)

>Is this the greatest vidya redemption story in recent history?

nope

Attached: greatest redemption arc.jpg (467x1200, 144.73K)

Majority of the negative scores on ARR is basically people who started playing after heavensward or ps3 users. If you actually played ARR you would know how much better that shit was compared to the shitshow of heavensward and stormblood. They might have the better story quests but 3.0-3.1 could have killed the game entirely. Stormblood was a raid simulator without content, no eureka isn't content.

Yes, it is, what a return to form.

I know most Metroid games are short but this one felt especially short probably because it was 60€ lol and even as a long time Metroid fan I felt that the game wasn't really worth the money. Also the prime games go for 10-15 hours of a normal campaign and I think they do a better job at handling exploration.

Also I may be wrong but I think Samus Returns took me closer to 10 hours on my first playthrough. Given it's probably longer because of the dozens of repeated boss fights but still.

>mercury steam
They make kusoge fanfiction, do not trust them

I think it feels short because Samus moves so fluidly. Fusion is also a short game but sometimes it feels like it's taking forever because of the speed Samus moves.

Fusion also feels like it takes forever because Adam won't shut up and stop sending you on fetch quests all over the station.

I love Dread, but if I have one wish it's that I hope the next game has more natural environments. At least this game avoided Sakamoto's obsession with space stations with artificial environments.

Agreed, glad he stepped away from Fusion and Other M.

Metroid 1,2,3,1 remake were all in caves, im sick as fuck of caves

GIVE ME MORE! GIVE ME MORE CAVES!!!!!!!

Less EMMI zones next time would make it a 10/10.

DLC when

This. Next game should take place in a city or something.

Dial way back on the anime/overly-japanese elements and you might be able to convince me it's a 10/10

This is your brain on burgers

those were in Dread?