Why does it always fucking crash and hog resources? Why can't it just be a lightweight DRM? it's so fucking annoying

why does it always fucking crash and hog resources? Why can't it just be a lightweight DRM? it's so fucking annoying.

Attached: 1263747.jpg (1200x800, 50.97K)

Works on my machine

steam has never crashed. you are doing somehting very wrong and shouldnt be allowed near a computer

shills

nsa spyware on top of m$ telemetry

>steam has never crashed
Come to think of it... I can't remember a single instance of steam crashing.

Attached: xzdvcv.gif (200x198, 420.31K)

i have, but maybe like once a year; less than that on average

Works on my machine

You WILL pay full price for broken console ports
You WILL have 20 launchers within a launcher
You WILL enjoy it

Attached: 1642040646904.jpg (1920x875, 102.7K)

lmao try it and we'll watch you fail. just give us the same thing as GOG with the number of games steam has, then we'll switch over. i'm giving you the answer right here, but it's way too consumer-friendly for the company you are working for to comply with the wishes of their customers

shill

just pirate games dude, DRM is cancer.

The bright side is those would be broken with or without Steam. Remember Ubisoft's fucking pitiful port of Devil May Cry 3?

Attached: 1628187382158.jpg (714x480, 31.67K)

GOG is less convenient than Steam.

because there are no fucking games, yes

That too, but as a service GOG is way less convenient than Steam. And it's not like Steam is actually any harder to circumvent DRM with than any other launcher, even native Steamworks DRM (which is still totally optional on the publisher's part) is trivial to circumvent and every argument that Steam holds your game "hostage" is dead forever with one little DLL file dumped into the folder.

i agree, but the damned thing just needs more games

Never really crashed for me but it is a resource hog. Steam web helper or some shit process takes 30% of my cpu sometimes. I have to start steam in no-browser mode to fix it which means no profiles, store, etc

Wasnt there an easy way to remove steam DRM?

Maybe you should stick to consoles, sport.

You must be running on a recent version of Windows.
Part of the reason Valve has invested heavily in GNU/Linux is Microsoft's shennanigans with APIs Steam uses on Windows to intentionally degrade the quality of service.
This is the exact same shit Microsoft has gotten in trouble for repeatedly with other web browsers, rival office software, in order to make their software using private APIs appear better.

Discord takes up more resources than Steam for me(though that's saying something about Discord instead of Steam) and I haven't had Steam itself crash in probably years.
What are your specs, are you on some toaster?