WI-FI GAMING

What are your thoughts about and experiences with playin' vidya over WiFi, anons? Would you say it's a viable alternative to playing over ethernet?

Attached: TP-LINK-Archer-C5400X-v1x.jpg (1224x1224, 153.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/EjIBWGz
speedtest.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get you laggy ass and you dropped packets out of my game. Buy a fucking cable.

If I'm on wifi then the person who will be least affected is me

*desyncs you*

I never use WiFi. I just shove a giant Ethernet cable up my ass which throbs every 5s so I know I'm getting the best connection. When I reach top speeds I climax all over my keyboard and mouse. So yeah WiFi is gay.

Is your computer moving around in your house?

It shouldn't really matter. I tried pinging my router first through ethernet interface and then WLAN and the ping for WLAN is substantially higher (obviously) but it's still only a couple of milliseconds. That ought not to make a real difference.

>64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.216 ms
>64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.185 ms
>64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.256 ms

>64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=5.89 ms
>64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=8.01 ms
>64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=7.67 ms

With that specific router, a Wifi 6 device, and decent internet going into your home, yes.

AAAAAAARRRRRRMMMMMMMSSSSSTTTTTTRRRRROOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGG

Attached: file.png (622x595, 454.15K)

And OP's $7 made in China usb wifi dongle

I think my neighbor airdropped this for me what the hell does it mean?

m.imgur.com/a/EjIBWGz

people who use wifi either can't afford a 5 dollar cable or mommy wont let them set up a wire to their basement

>see people recommending $300 "gaming" routers
>hope no one actually fucking buys one
should I intervene when I see this?

>8 ms vs 0.1 ms
>not a big difference
It'll suffice for normals and normal internet things, but don't kid yourself.

fighting games live because devs have started putting wifi indicators on players so non-retarded people don't have to waste time playing them

speedtest.net/
Reminder that your local latency doesn't matter as much as your latency to servers across your entire region/country, or wherever the server you're actually connecting to for gaming is.
Manually select a server a few hundred miles away from where you are, and realize 2ms (two thousandths of a second) don't actually matter.

My friend bought this router and I couldn't stop laughing. He only gets 300 down but defended it by saying "I like nice things"

I get 320 on AX devices. That's what comes into the house.

is ok if you get proper signal. Depends on your home and your neighbords

My router is on the complete opposite side of my apartment.
I have never experienced ethernet.

Attached: sad frog.png (400x400, 7.04K)

They should have a filter for people playing on wifi in every game so people can opt out of this crap.

aaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy lmao

...How has that effected your multiplayer gaming?

I played Arma 3 on a mobile hotspot for a year because it was cheaper and faster than the DSL at my trailer park.

These things are literal chinese robots that walk around your house at night and phone back home to chinaland

Attached: 1596050033415.jpg (900x653, 75.94K)

I play with wifi and I've never had problems

I don't play multiplayer.

its not strictly latency, its things like latency spikes, and packet loss
Plug 10 devices into your ISP shitty router and you wont notice a thing
Add 10 device to the your ISP shitty router's wifi and it's gonna suck

weirdo

Exactly, that's why.

I ran a really long cable because wifi sucks

I mainly play fighting games and the few friends of mine that use their (terrible spotty) wi-fi aren't fun to play against. I have a ton of spare cable and have offered to neatly cut/run some for free and they refuse. Both told me in different ways that it's fine for them and must be an issue on my side.

Attached: 8039b1e13a4449159.jpg (700x700, 75.04K)

i bought some expensive router because i went from 15mb/s to fiber cable 500mb/s and wanted to have access to that speed through wifi in my house but outside of my room where router is internet works like shit
what to do? i dont have Gaming Routerâ„¢ but i paid good money for it and description said it would manage even greater speeds and its got some of these antennas too
should i put it somewhere else? i wanted to use wifi outside of my house when im chilling on balcony or on my patio