Why?

why?

Attached: 51dbcv0y6kf81[1].gif (621x266, 2.54M)

Why what? Why is Steam using your CPU? Do you want to throttle your CPU usage so Steam is a laggy piece of shit?

you don't do that while you're playing so what's the problem here?

you can activate "Low Performance Mode" to disable some graphical shit and animations.

you have shit cpu i guess

Attached: 1624036839609.webm (1280x720, 631.61K)

Because it uses chrome now.

Why would Valve use such an anti-competitive web browser like Chromium?

Imagine being this retarded

I can get it up to about 5% on my 7700K, still a lot for what it is I guess.

Sir I make steam sir. Bitch do not make CPU up bitch bastard do not insult me code is good. I rape you good night

That’s some JOE BIDEN level of bullshit.

>buy 500$ cpu with 20 cores
>get mad when they're actually used

PC "enthusiasts" everyone

because all web design standards are now based around using chromium

where

Steam as a platform has godawful optimization. If you have a toaster and browse the overlay, it shits itself.

>2% to 8% CPU usage
valve spaghetti code confirmed

>discord

>Why would
They've been using it for the past decade.

But Valve made SteamOS initially to fight Microsoft's potential monopoly, why would they just bow down to Google's monopoly on the web?

transparency is super expensive

imagine being so retarded you unironically install discord

Imagine using nusteam
At the top click view then small mode
Deletes all the fluff and just leaves the games and filters

Because Google doesn't pose a direct threat to Valve so they don't give a fuck
Valve is a corporation who's primary interest is their own profits, everything else including moral views on monopolies is secondary to that

That's Gabens dick getting hard

As someone with a $400 CPU with 24 threads, doing this only makes Steam shoot up to ~4% CPU usage.
OP just has a low-end CPU, likely a hyperthreaded dual-core or a quad-core without hyperthreading.

Yeah it is playing an animation, which uses your CPU. Do anything in your browser and watch it do the same thing. Steam is an electron app, it is literally just a web browser.

Also for me its uses 1% of my CPU you just have a shitty old computer. I don't think Valve gives a shit about people like you who buy a single 1 dollar indie game a year that can barely run on your shitbox computer. It is not worth it to them to write an optimized native app for every platform just to appeal to people with shitty computers (i.e. poor people who dont spend money).

because you dont have the first clue how a PC works

Ok chud

not everyone who is mean to you or judges you harshly is a chud you fucking moron