Is it as good as people say? I'm looking for a good JRPG to play

Is it as good as people say? I'm looking for a good JRPG to play.

Attached: Tales_of_Arise_Box_Art.jpg (300x330, 50.71K)

shits on garbage like p5.

How good do people say it is?

Have you played any other Tales of game before?
If no, then you'll probably love it. If you have though then its flaws become a lot more noticeable.
Personally I thought it was just ok, though I did enjoy the visuals for the most part, aside from some battles where there were so many visual effects you couldn't see anything.

it has a difficulty spike towards the end, probably to make you buy microtransactions.
Just pirate it if you have to play it.
It's okay.

Only thing it does well is visuals. Gameplay is repetitive. Story and characters suck. Skits are awful.

It's shit.

7/10

It's one of my bottom 3 tales games, but it's not garbage

no
play radiata stories

its pretty fucking shit honestly
entire budget went into gwaffix

Not op but surely it can't be worse than this trash? I sat through over 100 hours of this shit only to drop it at the finish line. I just couldn't stand the nonsensical story anymore.

Attached: xc2.jpg (1920x1080, 391.18K)

I don't understand you two. The game visually looks like shit.

people say it's good?
It's painfully mediocre, not even good by tales standard which are quite low

The last third of XC2 is where the story makes the most sense especially if you played XC1, how the fuck did you get filtered there

Nothing is as bad as that.

t. never played a tales game

I've tried playing a few of them but I dropped them all since they were so generic and the visuals weren't any good. That said I didn't even try playing the lastest one since it's straight up hideous visually.

>how the fuck did you get filtered there
The game was throwing me 40 minute cutscenes and I fucking hated Rex/Pyra. Jin was so fucking bad, too. His entire story made zero sense to me.

the ending portion of xc2 is honestly like the best part of the game
it's the opposite with arise, there's some nice romance stuff but the story gets nutty

it has a demo.

Mediocre.

Not too bad, not too good, very forgettable. It caters to the fanbase. It will hardly be remembered.

It's a 5/10. Amazing graphics and good soundtrack. Mediocre story, really bad gameplay. Enemy health is bloated to shit, no cancelling out of most things, only one defensive option... etc.

>nice romance stuff
they tell you how the romance is going to turn out in the first hour of the game

"nice" romance?

The male lead is as bland as cardboard, the female lead is the typical defrosting ice queen. Forced chemistry. Was not invested in their relationship at all.

okay, ending was totally shit then. i at least liked the romance.

Attached: 1600124676777.jpg (554x439, 105.74K)

With the other "Tales of" titles, the cast was mainly a motley crew of quirky characters all pursuing different goals that happen to propel them in the same direction as the other team members.

In Arise, all the characters share the same goal and direction, which makes them all dull and boring and have little internal conflict, tension, or any fun interactions.