In retrospect, did the Arkham games have good combat? It was satisfying but also pretty simple

In retrospect, did the Arkham games have good combat? It was satisfying but also pretty simple

Attached: Diesel_productv2_batman-arkham-asylum_home_EGS_WB_Batman_Arkham_Asylum_L1_2560x1440_19_0911-2560x1440-bdfb966b14e5f9bb6a2bf48a148d36566ca96df0.jpg (2560x1440, 391.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pMd4S-LkywI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump i guess

I've never played any batman games so I don't know lol

no, they didn't. the huge windows for pushing the counter button combined with cross-the-room jumps if you're out of position made the combat quite braindead

It's alright, its advantage is that it allows for enemy swarm tactics without being unfair. 1v10 stuff.

it looked and played good
knight ruined it with the fast forward button
looking forward to see how they do it with the wonder woman game

Attached: h-hes fast.jpg (420x560, 40.03K)

If you think Bamham/AssCreed type combat systemsl are good then you are part of the problem.

Id say its passable on Hard Mode, but for its time it felt revolutionary. Maybe thats the wrong word but it was vidya capeshit perfected. The combat challenges took it a step forward as well as the games progressed. It peaked with Arkham City IMO. I remember grinding this combat challenge, trying to get a million points. It was so difficult, having to counter various types of enemies and do various button inputs that were fast but flowed well together in order to maintain my combo meter. I felt like Batman.

No. The combat was sacrificed to give you instant gratification. It worked.

>wonder woman
No one asked for this.

Attached: 1619325882348.gif (354x193, 874.59K)

It was good in the video game sense of the phase but strangely at odds with the idea of Batman being stealthy or using fear to manipulate people. The controls peaked with Knight but the style of gameplay had lost a lot of its magic by then

RIP Rocksteady

i didn't know i wanted it

they are probably going to use her BDSM rope for whipping asses and dominating (*brainwashing) amazons.

After playing through the 3 rocksteady games again I think it's fine for what it's trying to do. I think it fits Batman and other superheroes but games like shadow of mordor/war & mad max should have done something different, mad max especially. Arkham combat doesn't fit more grounded, realistic things like that

Batman going toe to toe with the crooks is part of the whole "Fear and manipulation thing"
Like, if he just took out 10 of your guys, what chance do you have? Though I always found it funny when Batman just took out a bunch of your friends and threw your last buddy out a window and you're just like "Clearly I'll do better."

The one thing I liked about Arkham Origins were the mooks making comments right before getting knocked out.

Attached: 1391814591968.jpg (823x1024, 421.92K)

Hit feedback is important. That's why punching someone in Arkham feels better than slashing someone in Witcher.

Yes
If it weren't for Knight's three big failures (AK identity, lack of bosses, Batmobile) it would literally be the perfect superhero game

I wish Mad Max had had a version of the nemesis system. It desperately needed larger-than-life mini-bosses.

Combat became too braindead by Knight simply because there was so much exposure to it. The combat never did change much beyond City.
In all honesty the predator sections are vastly underutilized and could have been a great puzzle game if it was the entire focus.

Attached: 1638231342998.jpg (397x631, 84.02K)

>Though I always found it funny when Batman just took out a bunch of your friends and threw your last buddy out a window and you're just like "Clearly I'll do better."
youtube.com/watch?v=pMd4S-LkywI

It needed a lot of things, I liked the game but good god it can be boring sometimes. A nemisis system would've been cool though but I don't think we're gonna get a lot of companies ripping it off, there's too much work that goes into it. AssCreed tried and it was kind of shitty

Yes. The combat in the Arkham games is as deep as you want it to be. If you want to mash and counter, you can, but when you introduce CC abilities, gadgets, free flow focus, etc, you learn to live the simple inputs because it allows you to focus on dealing strategizing against the mob threat for the most efficient way to clear an encounter.

Anyone else feel that Shadow of Mordor/War seem like a natural followup to Arkham City, mechanics-wise? The nemesis system is like a big, procedural expansion to that Mr Freeze boss fight with him adapting to your moves and gadgets, forcing you to change up your tactics. Then you have Talion doing actual terrorism and subterfuge especially in SoW with the Fortress Assault stuff.

Of course, Talion is no Batman and vengeance = bad in the LOTR universe.

Attached: middle_earth_shadow_of_war_reveal_art_crop_1.jpg (1801x1073, 1004.27K)