Are main story, side quests, and writing in general good?

Playing Oblivion now and its actually fun, far from being bad like everyone says, and I like story

Attached: url(9).jpg (1529x1898, 800.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_L7f4B1dUMg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, it’s casual, braindead, irredeemable garbage along with Oblivion. Unlike Morrowind, which is a flawless masterpiece.

>t. your friendly neighbour Any Forumstard

It's overhated just like fallout 3

Yes, Skyrim is one of the greatest games of all time, fuck the haters

There's nothing particularly bad. It's mainly people hating it because contrarianism. If you like oblivion you'll probably like skyrim.

>Are main story, side quests, and writing in general good?
HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA no. I don't know what the Skyrim writers were doing but they phoned it in hard.

>join the bard's college
>fetch a flute from a random dungeon
>fetch a lute from a random dungeon
>"Uhhh okay that was all the quests we had for you, you can leave. What are you still doing here, you actually wanted to learn how to PLAY AN INSTRUMENT?! lol gtfo"

dude are you a girl or something, why would you want to play an instrument

A lot of the homes that you buy in the game come with a Lute, but since the dovahkinn can't play it it's just a useless decoration. Imagine having a guitar sitting in your room but not being able to play it.

Some of the questlines were pretty good. The Dark Brotherhood questline was great and the Civil War questline was well fleshed out. Others are decent, but flawed in some way. I think the Bard’s College is the only one that feels genuinely phoned in. There’s no point to it unless you want to train Speech or get some stat buffs and it’s insultingly short.

So yes, you are a girl

The story and writing in all Elder Scrolls games is pretty garbage (outside of a couple optional books that few people read), so if you like Oblivion's you might like Skyrim's. I don't know.

>he doesn't play as cool ass mage collecting books and zapping people

Writing is great, OP.
youtu.be/_L7f4B1dUMg

It's fine, I guess.
If your standards are low enough for fucking Oblivion to not be considered a janky mess only good for nostalgia and stupid mods, you'll probably love Skyrim considering it's better in most ways(but still not great in its own right).

Oblivion is a mess yeah, but story is interesting enough so whatever

the main story is probably the worst I've ever experienced in vidya

Bethesda was never good at writing. Most people play Skyrim to fuck around

this. not even joking.

Neither games are overhated though, and Skyrin has a better main story than fallout 3

It doesn’t hold a candle to Morrowind

I preferred weapon skills being split into Blade/Blunt rather than One Hand/Two Hand

Morrowind's story was genuinely great, if somewhat padded