Untitled

Attached: E4s8e4iUYAA9xFU.jpg (1080x964, 121.68K)

Bluefags BTFO

what genius decided to have no other trainers in the game within 20 levels of this guy

sorry 4 disturbing u bro im just here for the misdreavus and larvitar

In the canon of my game Red traded Gold the Mewtwo that Gold then used to beat Red

kino

Attached: Red vs Gold.jpg (1135x1000, 183.71K)

Gamefreak devs. Iwata gave them a full map to put them, but they decided against it

Same retard who decided you should be able to do the last handful of gyms in any order but gave you nothing to grind against, also the same guy who decided most of the new pokemon would be out of the way, near Elite 4 time or post game.
What annoys me the most is Firered/Leafgreen fixed this kind of issue with the VS Seeker and then HG/SS don't utilize it and don't fix the fucking spike at the last gym.

Attached: 1643916422820.jpg (1280x720, 137.42K)

Was anyone else weirdly not a big fan of Gold and Silver as a kid? I loved Blue and Red so much but something about the sequels didn't really grab me as much. The new Pokemon designs, the soundtrack, maybe it was the lack of novelty factor but for some reason I wasn't a huge fan.

Weirdly enough I liked Ruby and Sapphire more than most.

Attached: 1641826299615.jpg (465x548, 71.02K)

Why is Red so cool?

Attached: Red_%28game%29.png (250x538, 128.14K)

>Pokemon never reached this level of kino again despite growing more and more story focused

Why is that?

>criticizing HG/SS
That's a death sentence on the Pokefag fandom

>one-shots all his pokemon
heh...

>I-I need to grind!
holy fuck how are people so bad at games meant for 8 year olds

Attached: 1636313881686.jpg (3260x2495, 2.7M)

because battling against your former self hidden on a fucking mountain is kino. Also cynthia battles in gen 5 were pretty kino too.

why is typhlosion a ghost type now

soul...soulless

Attached: Red(SunMoon)-Red(Masters).jpg (1383x1360, 269.35K)

>he names his pokemon
lmao FAGGOT

Attached: download (2).jpg (298x169, 7.89K)

Gen 2 has this horrible level limbo. When you hit Kantoooooooo everything is too strong for newly caught mon or too weak for your hall of fame team. Some of the mons being new Johto mons you can only get there for some fucking reason. Them you have RED at 15-20 levels ahead of you to compensate for his garbage team.

he got this "i dont care if i live or die" look in his eyes

/ourguy/ aged better

Attached: artworks-000200127489-n6mhzk-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 57.81K)

It's because of the impact of it in general.
>pokemon is the biggest thing on the planet, with Pope John Paul 2 talking about it
>holy shit a second pokemon game? And it's got that mystery bird from the first episode of the cartoon
>internet talking about shit like pikablu
>start game, see there's a river flowing east from the starter town
>head east later after hours in the game
>You're in Kanto
>fight all the old gym leaders
>finally get to the top of the mountain
>it's the player character from the first game

That kind of shit was fucking huge for video games in general. It wasn't like you could play Final Fantasy and Cloud could go fight Cecil or Terra while exploring FF1's world. Or Doomguy could have a duel with BJ Blazkowicz.

It was kino because it was literally unprecedented and it just kept escalating up and up. The closest you'd get before that was cute callbacks/allusions like Dragon Quest 3 or SMT2, and obviously people are going to be well more acquainted with Pokemon than pretty much any other game, especially in 1999.

The only way to make it sort of balanced is to immediately box all your Johto mons and train up a brand new team of mons you can only catch in Kanto

Yeah I've noticed people pretend HG/SS were a masterpieces that have no faults, except most of the faults the originals had and then some.

>Implying
Kingdra is bullshit incarnate and only faggots act the way you do pretending it's about needing to grind past the leaders level. You can barely fucking get to the leaders level by the time you've exhausted trainers. Drink bleach and do the world a favor.

HGSS are some of the better pokémon games but they do have their share of fuck ups. For example, the remakes have a ton of unskippable scripted sequences that were either non existant or completely optional in the originals. Just to continue the trend of story oriented pokémon games that railroad the fuck out of you. On the other hand, the worst FRLG did was add a cutscene involving Bill at Cinnabar, they never forced you to speak to Oak's aides or anything like that.

>walk into a house
>oh it's Cynthia
People that think this was on the same level as finding Red in the mountains are braindead.

Unironically it was kino level design. Red is supposed to take you by surprise.

They tried that though. Sun and Moon have you being the champion for a change and they even brought back Red and Blue. LGBT brought back fucking Green, down to her design being inspired by the unused gen 1 female protag. I will say that the gen 2 Red fight hit differently because you were already caught offguard by being able to visit most of Kanto in the first place. I was playing Dragon Quest 2 the other day and my mind was blown when the game just casually told you to go explore the entire overworld from the first game.