Do you feel early 3D has "aged poorly" or do you like it?

Do you feel early 3D has "aged poorly" or do you like it?

Attached: 5thgen3d.jpg (2620x1070, 817.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7BKKvQkujfs?t=298
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, video games don't age. Your perception just changes and things get outdated.

Genuine autism

games dont age. they were always bad or always good

depends on the game.
quake has aged great when played on good hardware,goldeneye and perfect dark has aged like milk.

/thread
Anyone who thinks games don't age is straight up retarded, but anyone who throws around aging for nothing is also dumb.

Everything there looks excellent barring quest 64, and how Zelda's textures are blown up.

Left still looks fine.

notice how everything on the left focuses on larger environments and everything on the right uses smaller or simplified/pre-rendered environment to save polygons for the characters

environments on the left = boring flat empty spaces
environments on the right = detailed, full of character and curiosities

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.35M)

As a gen Z shitter I think it depends on the game. Early 3D can look fucking fantastic, but it can also look like ass.
As an example, I really like the way the old Crash games look, even moreso than the remakes. Vertex animation is also impressive as fuck from the technical side of things and really makes the games stand out.

Attached: crashset.png (1722x468, 813.93K)

what game is on the left, bottom right?

>get outdated
also known as ageing poorly

looks like ridge racer

I prefer the way the games on the left look.
In particular I don't get why people think Tomba 2 looks good.

They have an odd charm to them

filtered

>incredibly easy game ages poorly
>"filtered"
ok

I really really love early 3D but I'm not sure if it's because of nostalgia or because it's genuinely beautiful. It annoys me because I can't trust my own taste. I feel fake if it's just me being "brainwashed" by nostalgia

soul.

Attached: 20220109_084027.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

As always it is mostly depends on only depends on art quality and not on amount of polygons.

Regardless of my personal opinions, using Mei Ling's model is disingenuous as fuck when that was a special photo mode where that model was higher quality than normal because it was literally the only thing in the room.
youtu.be/7BKKvQkujfs?t=298
Normal MGS1 looked like pic related.

Attached: 1534939094797.jpg (499x696, 45.89K)

This. Art style and how well you can incorporate that into the game will, most of the time, guarantee that something ages better. Of course, you can also just not like the style, which is fine, art is partially subjective at the end of the day