MULTIPLATFORM SONY

Jim Ryan, the CEO of Playstation, unironically says:
>"We are starting to go multiplatform"
"We are starting to go multiplatform"
>"We are starting to go multiplatform"
"We are starting to go multiplatform"
He also said before that he's "frustrated with the console business model"

HOLY SHIT Any Forumsros, will Playstation really leave the hardware industry? we always shitpost about it, but HOLY FUCK I can't believe it's happening!!!
Also, is this karma for what they did to Sega 20 years ago?

Attached: Sega 2.0.jpg (1204x1270, 322.67K)

I have to assume he means PC and MLB but who knows

PC master race consumes it all.

Attached: The average PC user.jpg (510x420, 33.72K)

lol this can't be real, OP

I remember when people said that Nintendo should go multiplatform.
Funny how the table have turned.

>can't sell PS5/4's because of scalpers
>actually make their money off of software sales
>rather than fixing the supply chain issue, they're abandoning their hardware
Shame

What he means is that Playstation will become a service that will be hardware agnostic. They'll still produce consoles that will exclusively run Playstation stuff but their service will be on as many platforms as technically feasible.

That's also why Bungie was an interesting purchase and I reckon that Destiny will, at some point, require a Playstation account.

Bloodborne when???

God of War sold like water on steam, why wouldn't they do it?

> rather than fixing the supply chain issue
How would they do that?

>Sony will become the next Sega in your lifetime
Thank you Jim Ryan

I wouldn't really care that much, but the fact that Snoys have shitposted about everyone else going third-party. Playstation actually going third-party first is some real ironic irony.

Making software exclusive to only a fraction of the gaming userbase only makes sense if you're making money hand over fist with the hardware like Nintendo is. The future is multiplatform and consoles will just be slightly fancier prebuilt PCs for retards.

>can't sell ps5s because of people buying and reselling ps5s

Pretty much every Nintendo exclusive is available on PC, for free, with better graphics and higher framerate and yet Nintendo's consoles sell well.
I don't think a little bit of multiplatform will mean no Sony consoles.

Destiny is going to be such a weird clusterfuck of accounts. isn't it still on Blizzard's launcher? which is now owned by Microsoft. but the developers are owned by Sony. so would you need a Playstation, Xbox and Blizzard account to play Destiny on PC?

He said they want to have ten live-service games by 2026. Live-service games rake in money when they’re free and on everything. So I think Sony’s plan is to just to add a source of money. On the one hand, multiplatform live service games, and on the other hardware that’s sold on the strength of big single-player games.

I said that Sony would eventually drop out of the console race and go third party. Same thing happened with Atari and Sega.

That's literally what I said, ESL retard

>>actually make their money off of software sales
The problem is that despite selling 120+ million PS4s, their 1st party games ( which are the real money maker since 100% of each sale goes to Sony ) never go beyond 20-25 million units. and that's WITH their games going to $15 price points after a year or 2. I think he's frustrated that all of their shills and fangirls amount to 5 million first month sales and 10 more after huge discounts. JUST WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE OTHER 100 MILLION UNITS ARE DOING is what he's probably frustrated with.

playing fifa and cod

This is news? They've been releasing games on steam now for what, a few years?