Master Duel

Wow that's a pretty unbreakable board, user.
Here, got a present for you.

Attached: __yami_marik_and_lava_golem_yu_gi_oh_and_1_more_drawn_by_leo_dont_want_to_be_a_painter__small-c3dd82f38c5353f9a6b8c2bbcfe74713.jpg (850x452, 66.89K)

sex with edea

Attached: tumblr_o3nf4xtiUL1rie4kjo1_r1_640.jpg (544x544, 136.28K)

bros i have a question
im currently gold rank and i dont want to rank any higher because im afraid the platinum tier is full of ultra competitive meta slaves who suck all the fun out of the game
is the platinum tier as competitive as i imagine it or are there people having fun too?

Attached: 1619460139416.png (800x600, 81.88K)

>is the platinum tier as competitive as i imagine it or are there people having fun too?
yes, until you hit plat 1. no fear of deranking lets some people just use meme shit. plat 2-4 is hell though.

you have to learn which decks to instantly concede against if you want to avoid watching them jerk off for 10 minutes but besides that yeah its fun

>to limit power levels
The issue there is where you draw the line. Are generic strong extra deck staples banned? What about the "rogue" decks that are clearly in a league above other rogue decks like Heroes, Cyber Dragon, etc? It's not clear cut.

I wish more "boss" monsters had summon animations/cutaways. Most my decks don't have em.
Rip pic related.

Also I wish you could hear the music from YOUR board, always hear the same shit because everyone runs the starting forest board.

Attached: 47826112.jpg (421x614, 64.05K)

Just play normally since if you lose enough you'll go back to Gold anyways.

I dont understand skill drain so can anyone help a brainlet out? Why does it negate effects but let you activate them anyways?

>normal Red Dragon Archfiend has a summon animation
>but not the 5 other RDA boss cards that are actually used and harder to summon than it
This displeases me to no end

Attached: image_2022-02-03_123914.png (421x614, 440.9K)

because thats literally exactly what it says on the card you fucking dumbass

Well, they could make a separate limited/forbidden list specifically for casual play like what they do with Duel Links. Their system was that you could only have 1 Limited and 2 Semi-Limited, so it'd be possible to curate something based on that. Problem is that it'd require they make an entirely separate banlist just for that.

>wins turn 1

Attached: f1d9f4be-d6ef-491a-ac67-dc2da66b8d0c.png (1920x1080, 2.89M)

To cuck you.
There is a small benefit to that though, in that you can pay costs even if the effect fails. So, for example, you can dump a xyz mat to the gy for some future play.

You can activate it pay costs, but the resulting effect is negated. It's kinda dumb

There’s a difference between activating and resolving effects

Unless the card says you can’t activate effects, you are free to activate and pay cost, but skill drain prevents them from actually resolving the effect. For skill drain to work the monster has to face up on the field to negate said effect

The fact Red Supernova Dragon doesn't have a summoning animation is a sin that should be rectified ASAP

You can still pay the costs for the effects. If you need something discarded without any regard for whether or not the effect resolves, that's an option. If the cost gets the monster off of the field, it will also resolve normally since SD only blocks the effects of face-up monsters on the field.

has anyone else got their gems for reaching plat last season yet? cause I fucking haven't

Read the fucking notifications

I refuse to read

FOR INSTANCE, let's say you've got a Linkuriboh on the field and your opponent activates Skill Drain. You can still activate Linkuriboh's effect during the battle phase, which tributes it in order to reduce an opponent's attacking monster to 0ATK for that turn, and because it's left the field due to the cost it will still resolve.

Witchcrafters are also a nice deck for learning about these kinds of interactions. All of the little ones tribute themselves in order to summon, so with the above in mind it will naturally resolve. However, Haine's effect for spot destruction will be negated and you'll effectively be discarding for no effect, which can also be useful in some scenarios like if your opponent has IO on the field and you have Genni in your GY

Starry Knights also function like this for their bouncing effect iirc, I just remember one of their dragons hopping off of the field a lot.

Attached: 51NtCDjo0mL._AC_.jpg (343x500, 47.74K)

WHITE LIGHTNING