We all agree that this is easily the best Pokemon game in over 10 years, right?

We all agree that this is easily the best Pokemon game in over 10 years, right?

Attached: 792200-pokemon-legends-arceus-nintendo-switch-front-cover.jpg (800x1307, 251.92K)

Yes

Don't plan to play it but sure, why not.

what makes it so?

>Catching Pokemon is VERY well done
>Removing all the mechanics bloat from battles makes them play a lot better, removal of IVs actually lets gamefreak put mildly challenging things into the game without worry
>Game is the most fun game to train Pokemon in period. The game is designed around the XP share, but the XP share is designed like Pokemon Clover's where it's intention is to let you field a giant cycling team of Pokemon over making sure little timmy doesn't let the rest of his team fall too far behind Charizard. This coupled with the fact you have a growing move pool you choose 4 from instead of forgetting moves and the fact the moves are taught by a single tutor makes raising and fielding a team a dream, allowing you to raise LITERALLY every Pokemon in the game that strikes your fancy. Im 4 away from a full box of Pokemon all on pace or overleveled for the main plot.

Yes.

It's a decent game, but not a conventional RPG. It's more like Bugsnax / Death Stranding / open world Pokémon Snap.
Combat is deemphasized and it goes back to the series tagline of "Gotta Catch em All", yes I know that was only used in the West, but even Red/Blue start with Oak telling you to fill up the Pokédex, except you end up collecting badges instead. This is the first game where the Pokédex is the true focus.
Not all Pokémon encounters are unique but there's variations, some are skittish and will run, some charge you, some have greater hearing ranges than others, some come out only at certain times or are in hidden areas, some gank you so engaging in battle will almost always be a 3 on 1 etc. The alpha fights are usually always fun.
Also part of the puzzle of catching each new Pokémon is knowing the type matchups, something longtime fans take for granted. Remember, little Timmy doesn't know Normal types are immune to Ghost moves when trying to catch the alpha Gengar that one shots his entire team with Shadow Ball.
Also it has one of my favorite tropes in vidya the hub area slowly gets bigger as you do sidequests and help the villagers integrate with Pokémon more, and more instruments get added to the theme making it sound fuller.

If you're looking for a game with dungeons and conventional RPG Skyrim stuff you'll be disappointed.
But if you like Pokémon and like games like Bugsnax and Pokémon Snap with a little hint of Monster Hunter, then you will really like Legends Arceus.

Attached: 1642610943672.png (846x1234, 133.98K)

I guess that isn't really hard to achieve. When you product has been so far from perfect, even a minor improvement to the next game can easily make it the best in the series.

Obviously it doesn't count as best of traditional style Pokémon games because it is a spin off.

Yeah, though that's a low bar to pass

Who are you quoting?

Its the best 3D game so far and a step in the right direction, but the battling still needs to evolve, the game is buggy and looks like shit, and a lot of the quests are retarded and pointless. With more polish to future games they can make something really good eventually

No.

Attached: 1643832123564.jpg (792x1064, 140.04K)

Similar to how a pile of dog shit with a bow on it is an upgrade over dog shit without a bow.

Solid 7/10 if you judge in Pokemon game standards and drop the "NEW DIRECTION" googles. Gamefreak still pushed a time constricted, corner-cutting rush job that's no less pathetic then anything else they've done. Still a great and explorative start to something that could be the launch pad to the next mainline generation entry.

>There's only catching pokemon
>It removes content
>It has a forced experience share

>587438303
>wojaknigger

>587438468
You forgot the part where you give an argument.

Unironically me on the bottom.

>a lot of the quests are retarded and pointless.
I thought so too until I realized it makes Jubilife Village grow. Half the quests you finish add permanent Pokémon NPC residents, for example the Wurmple and Mr. Mime by the gate, and the villagers get less scared of them. The village grows, more buildings get added, and the theme song changes and gets more instruments. It's a better reward than any items or exp points and it's actually cool that the game doesn't directly tell you this, you notice it on your own the more you help the villagers.

Is there no pokemon battling? I don't know much about it. Is it just your character that levels up and gets stronger and pokemon just aid you in capturing other pokemon?

I wish the villagers were more "alive". They just kind of stand there, frozen in what ever act they were posed to display. Its kind of eerie after a while.

Why do people have such an autism against the concept of party-wide exp specifically for pokemon?
Normally when I see that in an RPG I'm relieved because it means less grind later should I want to change out a member.
It was bad in gen 6 or so since Gamefreak just did not balance around it at all, but there's nothing in particular wrong with the mechanic itself.

Attached: 1539510593453.png (355x366, 222.36K)

You can battle wild mons and there's a handful of trainer battles.
Strangely also has probably the hardest "champion" because he has 8 pokemon

And Any Forums told me that this game was soulless.

Attached: 1643844495635.jpg (1280x720, 211.3K)

just looked up the release dates for prior pokemon games and damn there really has been nothing but garbage for like a decade straight now, huh? The only content for I can think of with legends is ORAS but that might be because hoenn is my favorite region. I wouldnt say this game is polished or even amazing, but it is fun and a good step for pokemon. maybe there is a glimmer of hope for the franchise after all

Yes, but there hasn't been a good Pokemon game released in the last 10 years so it's a moot point.

I'm personally starting to think it's the best overall.
My only real gripe is the lack of battles makes it hard to get attached to Pokemon

they move around with every major story beat and also after when you get them a Pokémon

Battle against other "trainers" are events this time around. But you can tell they tried to make them frequent enough to hold the attention of old fans but, while somewhat charming, its still incredibly easy for the most part (even easier
than SS), save for the final boss trainer that can wipe you if your careless

>looks like shit
How long is this meme going to last?

Attached: Pokemon Legends Arceus Cinegrid.jpg (2880x2025, 2.09M)

It's just the wild are of Sword and Shield streched out to be the whole game. Pretty fun for what it is, but without trainer battles and PvP there's no motivation to collect and raise Pokémon.

I mean it makes sense, you're going back to a time where everyone is freaked out at seeing a few bidoof, I cant imagine there would be many trainers. I do like how doing the side quests grows the village but feels like they could have done more with it. Hell why cant we have pokemon walk around with us? You can have them in the overworld just use those walking animations that everyone already knows about

But their still stuck in the mud, while the player is the only one blessed with mobility . I can reproduce the same quality town using even an Illusion Studio and free game maker in less than a day. Its just Gamefreak laziness to be expected.

Putting tiny images of the different areas still won't make the game not look like ass, get real. Core gameplay is fun but Game Freak desperately needs more talent on the technical side of things.

Because the games aren't balanced with EXP. share in mind, making them even easier than before. Also I don't like how my Pokémon just become stronger without ever using them.

I unironically think PLA has a decent art style, but there's no denying the graphics really are quite bad.

Yes.

Attached: squat.jpg (2520x4200, 3.2M)

Yes, which is sad considering how much it removed compared to the originals. Gives me hope that whatever sequel/dlc they shit out will be amazing once it's this + old features and new content

>better than BW2
Nah fuck off faggot
PLA is fucking shit and literally just a GO reskin

B2W2 aren’t quite ten yet, but otherwise it’s the best title developed by Game Freak.

Nah, GF dumbed-down an already simple/successful formula just to appeal to people who hate Pokemon battles.

Not counting remakes, it's the best since Gen II

It literally isn't.