>dark souls clone gets announced
>it's some shit unreal engine asset flip game with stiff animations
>gets praised by journalists before it even comes out
>once it does come out it gets forgotten immediately
Examples:
youtube.com/watch?v=5a5JZVf0Xsk
youtube.com/watch?v=MnigL6pnuKI&t=200s
youtube.com/watch?v=QVFr8i5ilI8&t=98s

Attached: Y6hrXy6.png (1253x706, 902.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EawShVPBoeI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mortal Shell is great though. Better than DS3 and Nioh.

DS1>BB>Nioh 2>DeS>Mortal Shell

>mortal shell is great though
opinion disregarded

>DS1>BB
based

I liked Mortal Shell as well. I probably wouldn't have ever given it a shot if it hadn't been on PS+.

>Mortal Shell is great
this is the kind of retard I share this board with, christ

Filtered DS3 rollniggers. Go play Gayden Ring to roll some more.

>doesn't mention dark souls 3
>still brings it up seething
wow, really a case of the obsession here on a dark souls thread of all places?

All these games came out? So where can I play Lies of P?

Mortal shell was just okay. I accidentally bumrushed to the second to last boss and beat it without remembering my shells name

You forgot Steelrising
another puppet bloodborne game that I first confused for Lies of P

youtu.be/EawShVPBoeI

Attached: steelrising.jpg (1200x675, 73.58K)

>roll
but hardening is even easier to do. Mortal Shell's problem is lame as fuck level design

Ashen is the best Souls clone and even that is maybe a 7 at its best. Pretty distinctive style, jumping/ledge climbing was used pretty well to hide shit, okay boss fights, really nice looking areas.

It's amazing how no one has managed to make a decent Dark Souls cone.

You know what's a good game? Hellpoint

Bleak Faith gvies me Blame! vibes and that's always a plus for me.

Can we talk about Code Vein? I got that game for free on gamepass and I couldn't be bothered to finish it. It's pretty fucking garbage.

One user made a good point a while ago. These devs focus on the combat which was never good. It was serviceable and provided a necessary function to pay off areas and exploration. The world design, lore, enemies, sense of adventure, builds and more carried the game. Not the combat which has been outdone by many games. Yes there are aspects of the combat barely anyone replicates, that being good animations and smoothness.

you are literally retarded

The Surge 2 is at least decent

meds

>These devs focus on the combat which was never good.
yeah but that's wrong

Western studios don't seem to get what makes those games great, which is exploration, cool looking areas and vistas, simple and good looking "realistic" armour/weapons design, plus eccentric and weird NPC's, plus good voice acting.

Every DS3 spamroller I know unironically can't get to the second Shell in MS and past OandS in DS1 because the slower pace and stamina usage doesn't allow them to roll away like in BB and DS3. They really do get filtered by the slower pace. Rollspamming worked in Bloodborne because there was no shield to protect you nor heavy armor, and the game encouraged the player to be aggressive through the health mechanic. Making DS fast paced just turns it into a generic wannabe Bloodborne and pointless to play.