How's your game going?

You are working on your game right?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 92.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1861290/Devil_Spire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

give me an idea for a fun minigame i should clone for practice

Who would want to work on, let along talk about, Video Games?

Peggle 2
I am being completely unironic

Why does Godot not use the most successful game using their engine in their promo materials?

What even is Godot's most successful game?

i have never played peggle so i have to try it first. thank you for the suggestion

Cruelty Squad

Not working on a game, and likely won't be for a year or so.
But I am developing the concept and I suppose pre-production for a video game I hope to make.
My current, working name for it is 'An Angel Called War.' Which I like as a name because it sounds more like the title of a book than a video game. (Usually videogames have names which could be easily used for a series, things which would feel natural with a '2' put on the end of it) While books tend to have a sentence which describes the contents of the story and make it more singular.

Pic related is the first piece of art work I've done for it. It's of the main character, the titular Angel called war. Though the name her parents gave her would be Merie Lothair.
The game is an OFF-like 2D turn-based Indie RPG focused on puzzles and boss fights.
The main purpose of the game is just to show off a deep fantasy world that I have made for it which I hope to be quite unique.

A visual style would be very important for this game, so I'll try and make all of the backgrounds out of paintings. Paintings that I'll do with a Bob Ross method.

Attached: AnAngelNamedWar.png (585x647, 541.6K)

Done this today

Attached: bell.png (1923x895, 382.6K)

I love this

I think you've found your answer.
A game which deliberately tries to look as ugly as possible would never be a good pick for promotional art, even with its success.

Cruelty Squad is a marketing success story rather than a technical or creative success story, like Undertale.

>rather than a technical or creative success story, like Undertale
you were misinformed

I'm the only one here not misinformed.

ignorance is bliss

Hubris is a vice.

yes, literally you

That's not hubris, that's honesty. Undertale succeeded because Toby Fox leveraged his popularity from working on the music of Homestuck + he himself put out a certain image that fans of Undertale found appealing. The success of the game is a marketing story exclusively.

>he himself put out a certain image that fans of Undertale found appealing
you mean fans of homestuck right
>The success of the game is a marketing story exclusively.
Not really it's a pretty "good" game all things considered.
Did his previous background help? Yes of course.

Just released it, and it's already doing much better than my previous one. So, I'm currently working on watching all the damn videos of it and writing down stuff for the next patch.

store.steampowered.com/app/1861290/Devil_Spire

Attached: STEAM launch.png (800x450, 272.23K)

>you mean fans of homestuck right
I mean whoever ended up becoming a fan of Undertale / Toby Fox, but yes, there's major crossover there.

>it's a pretty "good" game all things considered
I'm not sure why you wrapped good in quotes, but my point is that it's really only liked because people liked Homestuck / Toby Fox, not because of the game itself. The game itself is nothing special and especially not for a game from 2015.

>The game itself is nothing special and especially not for a game from 2015.
You're doing the same thing that guy who brought up cruelty squad is doing.
You can't understand the appeal or context of a game so you attribute its success to pure marketing.
>it's really only liked because people liked Homestuck / Toby Fox
This just isn't true I liked undertale just fine and I hadn't heard about either of those two things until way after I played the game.