Wii u bros…

wii u bros…

Attached: BF49BE90-5473-44C9-89C5-7179BBAA94AF.jpg (1690x806, 115.1K)

Had they named it something else it would sell better

WiiU is what Wii should have been when it launched

HE WAS A CONSOLE OF ROME

you know selling 13.56 million units of something sound pretty insane now that I think about it but since we live in a society corpos are greediest than what they have ever been

Wii U architecture didn’t come out until 2008, user.

Actually sold 14 millions.

>WiiU
sold 103 million games in 4 years
>Switch
sold 103 million games in 5 years
so it was slower?
not to mentions most of the switch "exclusives" are actually repackaged wiiu games

it’s 103 million hardware units sold not software

power of proper marketing

Waiting for the next Nintendo console, the SwitchU

The highlights point out that the Switch has sold more console units than the Wii U even sold hardware.

Amazing thing is that some WiiU games still have lots of active players

The next console will have either a 2 or the word "New" as they are probably paranoid after using U.

New Super Switch 2!

Yeah, but people always forget something when they think of install base.

There are not actually 103m active Switch gamers. Some are people that upgraded like when the Switch gained extra battery power after launch model. And then again when they OLED came out. Plus there may be some that were broken and not replaced as well as people that haven't tou he'd their Switch in 3 years. I estimate around 85m as current install base.

And no, not console warring. Same could be applied to PS4, with the Pro probably accounting for at least half the sales as upgrades.

and decently size homebrew.

I don't get the name argument
3DS should be just as confusing for a normie as Wii U yet that sold really well

Yeah, same with Xbox naming.

>NX Orin with built in Lovelace gpu

And it was. 3ds got off to a horrible start and only sold a litter more than half what DS did.

After the price cut, people caught on. And kids probably convinced their parents eventually that it was a new handheld. With the Wii U, I don't even think many kids knew it was a new console. They probably viewed it as a 32x style upgrade with the tablet being the addon.

Didn't Xbox name it 360 because Xbox 2 would sound inferior to Playstation 3, like it was a gen behind?

3DS and XBox didn't design market themselves around a controller which if you didn't know better you could think was just an accessory for the previous system and do a terrible job of explaining that it wasn't just that, to the extend that I don't think any of their commercials even showed the system itself.

No, series and one named?

Most Japanese and other East Asian don’t care about Xbox bland.

The Wii shouldn't have come out until 08-09, but alas, they had to not put a DVD player on the Gamecube making it impossible to develop for after 2005. As always Nintendo are idiots.

The N64 gave you a free expansion pack when you bought Donkey Kong 64 but the Wii U was like an extra 300 bucks for a kids learning tablet.

even moreso with the ps2. myself along witg atleast 10 other people i knew as a kid had multiple of them for no discernible reason

So that means my wii u will be a nice collectible item in the future and the switch will cost pennies on the used market.

In a world of +8 billion people, 13m is a drop in a bucket.

Yeah, I had a the fat and slim models. So did almost everyone else I knew.

doubtful other than for emulation purposes. pretty sure xenoblade x is the only game left to need a port before owning a wii u is basically pointless. it was a pretty cool novelty though while it lasted I probably got more use out of it than any other console of that gen

The Wii U is such a garbage console, I'm glad it's dead and forgotten.

True but you should really only look at the percentage of population that are actually gamers. Babies and old people are a huge portion of the world population. Then you have all the people in Africa without electricity. Tribal populations etc..

I think it is safe to say about 300 million people at any given time are the whole gaming population market share if you don't count mobile.

I'm still not interested in a switch but considering how many consoles there are on the market this shit will be cheap soon.

That's a fantastic attachment rate on the WiiU though. Every WiiU owner bought like 9 games on average.

Attached: 1625445403704.jpg (723x657, 75.71K)

How much do other low selling consoles go for now?

Atari Jaguar, Phillips CDi, Dreamcast. I believe they sell for pretty high prices now. The wii U will probably be worth around 700 in 15 years or so.