FFXIV

XIV 6.1 Hype thread
Hopes?
Fears?

Judging by the questions on the Q&A threads on the official forum they're going to pick mostly from Japan, and select the questions from NA they can answer as "We cannot say anything right now, but keep asking anyway so we don't have to answer any difficult questions." for the Live Letter.

Attached: copingway.png (535x535, 258.9K)

Loporit

Attached: 1643906389110.png (560x564, 467.1K)

Fanservice in the manga is weird. It never really commits to one thing or another while rolling at lightning speed to the next joke. But I'm surprised not a lot of people are talking about it, since the playerbase is a good 98% weeb.

Attached: file.png (709x447, 374.76K)

Attached: 031ecb4e2de29cf199bc9f0bb9b04920.png (768x1094, 683.46K)

go back

I'm gonna miss instances

Attached: 1643759091283.png (1280x524, 352.44K)

No

Attached: 1642751753208.png (824x1435, 927.87K)

Where is the WoL?

>slack on doing hunts because burn out
>mount never
Maybe they'll keep them for the incoming crowd for 6.1, but honestly I'd rather do this when we get the final tomes since current gear will be irrelevant anyway when it's time for the next tier of Pandaemonium.

Not included.

Attached: file.png (706x614, 494.67K)

Are we ever going to get any info about the Island Sanctuary?

>$0.00 has been added to your account

Attached: wow thats ruff.png (504x669, 332.07K)

Wasted opportunity for the wol doing random jobs on the school in the background.

Pretty sure that's going to be in the PLL because .1 is always the housing/casual patch while wrapping up anything else from the MSQ.

It's only 2 chapters so far. I'm guessing it's going on a monthly release even though it looks like it should be weekly. Next chapter is hinting at Ryne so there's that to look forward to at least.

Lodestone side stories are better.

I feel you on the burnout bit, between FATEs and Hunts I've really burnt out on grinding shit but it was worth it to be able to grind as hard as I did thanks to instances.

Catch-22 of the grind treadmill I suppose.

How long does it take to get to bloodsworn for Gnath?

I think 2-3 weeks?

If I recall doing other beast tribes, it's usually daily, daily, daily, cutscene. more dalies, cutscene, the amount increasing every time you rank up. So it ends up taking longer than a week for sure.

wait, do I have to do all the HW beast tribes to max to get to bloodsworn on just one of them or?

Is tanking hard? It's been some time since I played an MMO, but I'm craving doing some team activities in vidya.
Also, when will the free trial come back?

You will feel anxiety the first time and then immidiately realise you're just playing a more easy class than any of the dps are.

Whether it be in patch content or another expac, I want Y'shtola to have a proper arc.
All of the Scions have gone through tons of development, even fucking Urianger, but Y'shtola has remained more or less static throughout the entire story.
Through almost the whole of FFXIV, she's been either the one with the answers, or the means to get them. Even in Shadowbringers, she was the matronly figure to the Night's Blessed, and they all looked to her for guidance. Seeing Y'shtola vulnerable or expressing self-doubt would go a long way to making her more interesting and more than just waifu bait.

Attached: file.png (1000x1415, 1.31M)

Tanking is as hard as you make it.

Do: Use your AOE in dungeon pulls more than once. Keep the boss facing away from the party and at least your basic 1-2-3 combo
Do not: Use ALL of your defensive cooldowns at once

If this is easy to understand, you're good. Savage tanking is entirely different as you have to keep up a higher percentile of damage or else the entire party will wipe. But otherwise? It's not hard. At worst worrisome on your first run of content and people tell you to mass pull when you don't know what's ahead and are undergeared.

Attached: FKG7Ix3XwAE6h5s.png (608x456, 88.93K)

spotted the shounen fag

Attached: 1642668871875.gif (171x199, 41.83K)

I'd like some buffs for Dark Knight, because I swapped to it for fun. Feels a lot better than people say, but hey, if everyone else wants to give me more quality of life, I'd take it.

A character having depth and having low points isn't a shounen-exclusive trope, retard, but all you consume is probably anime so I can understand how you'd get that impression.
I love Y'shtola as a character, but as she is, she's fairly two-dimensional. She's sassy, she's smart. Her motivations are to acquire knowledge and her loyalties lie with the Scions. That's all there is, and that's all we've ever seen.
I want there to be more.

>more than just waifu bait.
Better hope Banri Oda isn't writing the MSQ then.

I always thought she was extremely boring and a quip bot more than a character. We know more about her sister than we do her and all Y'shtola seems to do is look perfect and exposition. She could really use some development but it has to be done by a writer capable of nuance and not tearing down everything built up around her for something potentially worse.

Attached: ffxiv_12052021_003448_256.png (1715x963, 2.58M)

People like you are the reason why we have unrealistic and ultra fast character developments.

Name 1 from the EW MSQ

Nah not really, you get more leeway to make mistakes because you have more hp and defensive tools, and most of your goal is staying alive and pointing the boss away from the party. Generally easy damage rotations too, with a lower cap for damage than dps so it's less your responsibility in the first place.

You also get the nice bonus that if you use an skill that protects an individual, it's really noticeable to them and generally above and beyond because that's typically the healer's job or anyone else's job to not make mistakes/take damage. If a healer heals/shields someone it's not too impressive, and if a dps damages or buffs that's just what they do.

>unrealistic and ultra fast character developments.
Nigger, she's remained the exact fucking same since the beginning of ARR.
In the entirety of time we've spent with Y'shtola, she's barely shown an ounce of vulnerability or uncertainty. She's a fucking sass factory, and that's all she's used for. It's not a bad thing to want more out of a character with potential. Go fuck yourself.

Isn't 6.1 like two months away?
I want
>The Twelve (otherwise engaged? I was given to understand they were your protectors) alliance raids
>Hildi and Hildi accessories and trials
>Any beast tribe, like DAMN just give us a little bit of easy XP for other jobs
>See where they go with the story next, I guess wrapping up whatever the other Scions are up to, with a hint of a new threat etc
>Bunch of minor fixes to jobs

Attached: 1609994550525.jpg (400x832, 52.6K)

>generally play the HoT healer
>EW lands
>WHM feels the worst it has ever been, none of its issues from ShB addressed
>level and raid on AST
>job is the busiest healer of the four by a large margin
>barely keeps up with a SCH or SGE even under optimal card rng conditions

Good job with the healer balance with this whole "Pure vs. Shield" split SE.

I got Necromancer, are you proud of me?

>all Y'shtola seems to do is look perfect
Because she is.