Modern Assassin's Creed

Discuss.

Attached: 1193935772804.jpg (1280x720, 894.65K)

Gay

it's called watch dogs

The games or timeline?

like Modern Era Desmond Assassin's Creed or Modern Day-Current-Year AC?

both suck. AC should have never adopted the animus and should have instead been a cohesive story of various tales of conflict throughout time

was probably going to happen but was in the works by another studio and they had to scrap it

Attached: 72.jpg (1280x720, 562.41K)

its dead son
they droped the modern time in the nu-asscreeds

isnt AC and WD set in the same universe?

no you shithead

>No AC set in Isu times
>Assassin's Creed: Fall of the Precursors

huh, iirc there's a side mission where you can kill abstergo's CEO or something in WD1

They had everything perfectly set for a modern AC game with Desmond. Arguably you could have something with the Layla story as well, not necessarily playing as her but as one of the other assassins that exist and helping out in parallel to what Layla does in her story, even see more of the modern day Assassins, and why the earth is suddenly going to get cooked /again/ which im sure is explained in the comics or novels that are so disconnected from the games that if you haven't read them you'd think they completely dropped the modern day plot and retconned everything with Layla.

Gameplay could include the parkour we saw in the skyscraper section in AC3, and they already had a bit of experience in a semi-modern day setting with Unity and Syndicate when it comes to buildings, but even thats fairly outdated compared to AC3 being properly set in the modern day with skyscrapers everywhere, they could lift stealth systems from previous games and improve upon it (Chaos Theory for example) and combine it with gameplay they had with the aformentioned games, and as much as I hate to say it, Watch_Dogs.

tl;dr Modern Story can be interesting, Gameplay should be more classic stealth orientation with the ability to defend yourself if shit goes south, but not so much that not stealthing is the way to go.

Do I trust Ubisoft to do a proper modern game? lolno, thanks for participating in my Ted talk.

Attached: 1621266506521.png (564x542, 108K)

Attached: 1643908337122.jpg (500x331, 135.39K)

should've been AC3.

what the hell happened in this game, did it fuck up the lore?

Attached: AC3.jpg (984x1200, 179.59K)

How the fuck did Ubi fuck this up? It's literally all I wanted from the series.

Sad part is that's exactly what the plan was. It was originally a Trilogy ending in the Modern Era then the writer left and Ubi decided to keep it going. I'm pretty sure the Expansion of Ezio is when they start that since that's when Juno's introduced, who's the consistent focus of the plot from Brotherhood onward and only exist to have a continuing force opposing both the Templars and Assassin's in the Present Ironically only to be killed off in the comics with no siginigant impact made. Ultimately only a springboard for the introduction of the Isu bullshit in general which took over Nusassin's Creed's Lore.

>During the Criminal Convoy "Requiescat In Pace," Aiden is tasked with taking down Olivier Garneau, the chief creative officer of Abstergo Entertainment. Garneau was a character in Black Flag who disappears after going to Chicago.
>In Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, while hacking Abstergo computers, you can find a document about Blume Corporation.
>Some of the civilians have references to Abstergo Industries in their profiles.
>A phone call can be listened to that consists of a female caller giving a male caller names of historical figures such as Henry Ford and the Three Stooges, and him replying with either "Assassin" or "Templar" to indicate which of the two warring factions in the Assassin's Creed series he thought they were a part of.
There's some references, but I doubt they'd want to do anything serious about them. They're probably no more than easter eggs.

Massive shame, I truly wonder how it would've looked. Theres always people saying Watch_Dogs as a comparison but I can't really agree, like the very core of AC and WD is different despite similarities elsewhere. And they don't take into account the entire Desmond buildup that was supposed to happen, unlike others, I was absolutely hyped with the modern day sections and made me want more.

Attached: dudelmao.jpg (305x292, 18.65K)

they got greedy. Patrice Desilets was the game director and Assassin's Creed was pretty much his baby. He had a roadmap and a plan for a trilogy of games with 1 and 2 leading to a modern day AC featuring Desmond in 3. Then Ubisoft demanded AC become an annualized series like Call of Duty and Patrice got burned out halfway through Brotherhood and quit. This pissed off Ubisoft and they hounded him with lawsuits no matter where he went until finally giving up after a couple of years.

Meanwhile Ubisoft raped Assassin's Creed of all its soul and originality with bad sequel after bad sequel until finally the "creative" threw up their hands and turned Assassin's Creed into a meme about video game developers and development.

They set up a whole thing where Desmond does modern day Assassin stuff and then he fucking dies at the end, with no obvious protagonist to take up his mantle. Since then, the games (as I understand it; correct me if wrong) have had you playing as Abstergo employees or rando Assassins with no personality.

So effectively, there has been zero modern day plot progression since then. The alien-gods thing didn't go anywhere and died with AC3.