What is the purpose of this dogshit again?

What is the purpose of this dogshit again?

Attached: 1636399446578.png (512x512, 9.83K)

to divide emulator developers and cause stupid drama.

they are the only ones bothering to port cores to old and underpowered hardware. if it weren't for them my switch would be a useless brick
there are many other options on pc, but considering that 99% of times i emulate on handhelds i like to use retroarch on pc as well to stick with a "unified" experience

Makes things easy to port. Once the frontend is done, all the cores themselves need is a simple recompilation for the target platform.

Zoomers

Zoomers are the most filtered demographic it has. Try again.

Shit on PC
Good for handhelds/retro/rasberry pi/chink handhelds

Plays games. Makes fanboys seethe eternally.

it's a frontend

No, only zoomers and numales care about emulating everything in one retarded program with fancy interface.

Attached: 1628699351888.png (308x275, 35.74K)

it just werks

>IS THAT A FUCKING LIST OF OPTIONS? STENZEK-SAMA SAVE ME
I don't think you've seen a modern zoomer on RA.

I only use retroarch for anything up to and earlier than ps1. Everything else is its own seperate emulator.

It's a frontend.

Works for obscure systems that don't have true standalone emulation methods like Pc-engine

Shaders for those who want it

Don't really care about muh drama and muh furry. Make something better and people will start using it. that's how the emulation world works.

>fancy interface
no need to be tsundere about it. people already cream themselves over Dolphin and Duckstation's Qt interfaces.

I only use it on switch

>if it weren't for them my switch would be a useless brick
There are standalone emulators on Switch, some of them run better than the RetroArch cores too.

do most emulators have some form of runahead now? it's the only reason I ever bothered trying to learn RA's interfave

only a handful, which is not enough for me

>he believes this
LMAO

>believes

Attached: IMG_20210726_111241.jpg (3000x4000, 3.6M)