What's your honest opinion of the modding community?

What's your honest opinion of the modding community?

Attached: ef32b64511c2f58b91315d9707d5ac58.png (653x522, 89.22K)

Just as high quality tea/coffee doesn't need milk or sugar, a good game is best enjoyed as is—no mods, DLC, or excessive content updates requires

Attached: coffee-cup-1-scaled.jpg (2560x1709, 457.76K)

by virtue of it being a community, it is a collection of individuals, most of whom i have no experience with, the remainder i have opinions on ranging from cool dude to brain-damaged retard.

i'm in the "bugfix/restoration mods only" camp

I somewhat agree
You make a mod and everybody suddenly feels entitled, thinking all their opinions matter and that you should be working on your mod 24/7

eh, depends on the mod, new stuff and "not bug fixing" tweaks are fine but I agree with the sentiment.

Talented people with massive mental issues.

I like mods along the lines of general QoL stuff. Although I'll use other mods if I feel like

Unfortunately you have to be incredibly mentally ill to be a modder, and the more mental illness you have the better the mod but the higher chance of them having an unstable meltdown and losing that mod forever

Attached: smoo.jpg (960x720, 331.84K)

what about games where modding is the point? minecraft, garry's mod, etc..

I like to make occasional mods, especially for games I'm pretty passionate about like deep rock galactic
But I mean if anyone bitches to me about the mod not "being the way they want" or whatever I'll just tell em to suck my dick

this is true for a lot of shit. what's worse is when you point it out, especially here, lots of retarded niggers will just double down on it, assuming you're trying to use the fact that developers have lives and can't work on projects 24/7 to excuse bad or incomplete work.

This. If the game is worth playing it doesn't need modding. If it's not, it's not worth modding.

It's full of looney troons

coffee itself is a mod on the coffee bean
if you want unmodded coffee eat the beans

What mod is that?

Being trans is the end stage of modding when you think about it.

Being a modder 10 years ago made sence.
Now that everyone can cook up their own game they can sell, the community feels neither here nor there, but that can depend from game to game.
Good for them that they can make money on their talents but obviously the amateur scene feels like it suffered in the past 10 years.

Honestly, I still either prefer those sorts of games vanilla or I just don't enjoy them at all.

If you play a game that has mods available, and you don't mod the game, you are playing it wrong.

How people can be so affected by people saying shit online ? Did they ever work in a corporate environment?

Id say bugfixing due to incompetence is fine, but I hardly even do that. I am a critic at heart, that means I try to keep a relatively fresh and vanilla game to see how it stacks up

Modding community pretty much died when Steam became popular

Like everything in life there is some good and some bad and trying to put the entire thing under one blanket opinion is fucking stupid and you should kill yourself for making this shitty thread.

why are trannies so overrepresented in programming/gaming?

Autism
Literally

imagine if your boss called you every 10 minutes to yell at you even after your hours

bugfixes are for trannies
bugs are what gives games SOVL
see: creepers in minecraft or any fallout/elder scrolls game

>A videogame itself is just a mod on the assets
>If you want unmodded games observe the assets

been playing Outer Wilds and i love the game but the PC shit in it where everything is "they/them" is confusing as fuck to me. is there a mod that adds random female/male pronouns to the text?

>inb4 muh genderless aliens
I don't care, Destroy All Humans was about aliens and they didn't use this PC culture shit.

talented at programming maybe
but not in any actual art

>literally doing it for free
if a mod gets so popular that you have to dedicate hours every day just to corresponding with people start a patreon for it, if cashcows and whales need the mod to survive they WILL pay you but you won't be doing it as a passion project anymore

Attached: bald jerma.png (640x656, 282.51K)

Some people in management are crazy and send emails at 3am. Juste shut down your phone or the app / website. Over connectivity and inability to compartiment is a personal problem.

egotistical retards who are too incompetent to make their own creation and instead attach their festering egos onto someone elses. "I did this but BETTER" by changing some lines in a config file. Mods are always inferior to the original. You are not intelligent enough to design a game.

either based beyond all reasonable belief or absolutely total ass-faglords
there's no in-between

>high quality tea/coffee doesn't need milk or sugar
Pffft.

Attached: smug Mumei.jpg (1280x720, 107.76K)

Retarded take. End yourself.

Okay OP, this is a thinly veiled thread to talk about whoever the modder is, rather than the point on hand, so go ahead and tell us all about him.

>good food don't need spices or seasoning

Attached: 1613131844797.png (596x441, 388.49K)

Attached: Screenshot_20220204-015850_Brave.png (2048x1743, 571.2K)

>Install new game
>Install 300 mods
>Anti-modders seethe

Attached: 1634247746651.jpg (830x513, 145.26K)