Digimon Cybersleuth

How are these games? I saw them on the steam sale and I want to play a JRPG.
Is the switch version good, worth looking into?

Attached: file.png (271x377, 202.08K)

They're pretty bog standard jrpgs with heavy dialogue reading to be had. I skipped through most of the story just cause I like the digimons.

The most fun to be had is levelling and digivolving digimon to fill out your digipedia. Not a lot of depth to be had in the turn based combat, mainly just two different types of rock paper scissors, but eventually defense penetrating skills are the only thing that do damage.

The switch version is good too, barely any notable difference in graphics or performance.

it's barely a digimon game.

Is collecting Digimon fun?

average mediocre low budget vita jrpgs

Had a lot of fun as a nostalgic trip an itched my monster collecting squad but half the game is just a watered down persona game with UNSKIPABLE DIALOGUE

Play it only if you are a hardcore digimon fan or want a nostalgia trip. The story really gets in the way if you want to enjoy the monster collecting and battle stuff

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Honestly I disliked nearly every character.
I think so yes.

Yes and no. You don't really collect them so much as scan them everytime you fight them. Once you get a full scan, you can get one for free. Or just buy a baby one and train it up from scratch.

From there it's kinda fun to digivolve all the different paths.

Do you like leveling up, back down, then up again for hours?

If you get it on Steam, OP, there is a small selection of mods including a fast forward dialogue mod.

They're fun. People saying they skipped the dialog are fags, the characters are charming and the plot is entertaining.

Personally, I'd recommend playing either OG Digimon World games, the Digimon World DS games, or the Digimon PSP games (Adventure for anime fans, ReDigitize for not).

That said at $15 for two games worth of shit, Cybersleuth isn't bad. Story's throwaway but if you want it for mon battling its great.

>for hours
[Laughs in GoldNumemon]

It's fine, if you come from Pokemon you'll find that despite its issues it's still better than any game released by GF in the last decade, otherwise it's just decent.

Attached: CyberSlut.png (399x446, 307.87K)

don't let people fool you, it's a terrible digimon game. go get world 1/2 and the card battle. hell, even settle for re:digitize and next order.

is that cover drawn by the devil survivor dude?

It seems to me that Digimon fans don't enjoy these games much. I only recall seeing it brought up/framed as good by jilted Pokemon fans and the few supposedly spiteful Digimon fans that wanted to smear Sword and Shield prior to their release.

Otherwise, not a lot of recommendations for these.

This. Cs solved most of pokemon's problems in one game lol

It's the kind of game that appears in threads like:
>Games that are actually good and Any Forums tried to trick you into not playing
Then again, I don't know why you're listening to Any Forumseddit or any other similar website for opinions. If you're unsure just fucking pirate it so if you don't like it you don't lose anything.

Attached: 1643669191536.jpg (809x865, 185.26K)

How much did this game sell? Several millions? Youd think so by how much its shilled

Wrong. Been a digifag for decades. I love CS and HM.

Stop this meme. The original Digimon World is a rough, obtuse game where lractically everything you do is busywork. Re:Digitize manages to be a much better game while keeping the virtual pet mechanics, but at the end of the day, having to restart like that all the time is tedious and only fun for the most dedicated fans.

And here we see the autistic salesfag having a melty.

No Im just curious.

But to be perfectly fair here, surpassing modern Pokemon games isn't an achievement by any stretch of the imagination.