Gaming on Linux

Can we get a Linux gaming thread? I just want- i just want to know what-
pppfffffffffftttttttHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHHHHH

Attached: tux-new.jpg (800x600, 79.59K)

I don't get it. Linux is based.

why does the freedom penguin trigger you?

Windows is easier for playing games, but I enjoy using Linux much more.
I try to play most of my games on Linux, but I don't think it's bad to swap OS' for more (relatively) demanding games.

i hate windows but it just Werks for gaymen. no matter what you throw at it, it just Werks

based schitzo
don't let anyone tell you that you are imagining things
if you think that it is real, then it is real

been playing death stranding a lot
when's the directors edition coming to steam?

I can understand wanting to stick with Windows, but I will never understand people shittalking Linux as if it's bad to have competition or more freedom of choice.
Even if Linux is not ready for mainstream adoption yet (for most normies who just browse the internet it is, though), personally I've been using Linux for years and it can run all the games I want to play.

you are asking for reason in the land of absolute retards
abandon all hope

>I will never understand people shittalking Linux as if it's bad to have competition or more freedom of choice.
I think it's just a console player on a chromebook or something

>Linux bad
>Microsoft good

Attached: 1643895101313.png (500x607, 43.85K)

*GNU+Linux

I'm laughing at you, retard. Inferior cucks like you should learn your place and go wagecuck in a factory somewhere in silence.

The pain of not being able to play New World, Fall Guys, PUBG and Apex is unbearable... Windowschads I kneel....

I like GNU/Linux

I don’t give a fuck about those games but Linux can’t run Nioh 1 and 2 properly, cutscenes not working and getting random crashes out of nowhere isn’t the best way to play a game

>LINUX GAMING

Attached: 1622758401998.gif (245x230, 840.38K)

Well you got your thread now

I'd say people are frustrated because Linux compatibility with video games is a complete and total paper tiger, but Linux users have been completely adamant on pretending everything to the contrary, acting as if games only require a minor amount of community patches or a simple change in your config settings at worst. It's simply irritating to hear such false claims repeated so often as of late, but it's become outright insufferable as people point at things like ProtonDB ratings that are boldfaced lies. What's even worse is that many Linux supporters then double down in regards to being faggots, pretending that any game with any issues--false reports of Gold/Platinum-tier compatibility or not--is merely FOTM modern zoomer crap, but believe it or not there are at least 1-2 games made after 2008 that are worth playing, and so it's pretty disappointing when you get shit like
>Platinum rating, works great!
>Just has a few minor issues: tons of missing textures, sounds, cutscenes don't load and autoskip, multiplayer doesn't work, can crash at each loading screen, etc

If Linux was more capable as a competitor for video games, then it'd be more understandable to question the hate, but as it stands, it's simply only fantastic for every other thing you need from your daily driver. If people didn't want Linux to be made fun of on the video games board, then maybe Linux gamers should stop doing the equivalent of drunkenly claiming they can do a standing backflip, before flopping face-first through your glass coffee table and muttering something about playing Deus Ex for the 40th time

sounds like a luxury to me

wake me up when wine is actually good enough to run every game without flaws

even windows can't run windows games without flaws

>mfw Proton isn't good enough to run every Windows game
>but it's also too good, to the point that Windows versions of games running on Proton often work better than half-assed native Linux ports

Attached: 1589503377099.jpg (349x349, 24.64K)

Linux is the "is this food kosher?" of gaming.

Based, but I hate it for the use of the phrase "daily driver"

I got a big problem with the Linux version of TF2

To preface. On Windows playing Demo with the Stickybomb Launcher, you could hold Mouse2 while clicking Mouse1 to spam stickies and detonate them as soon as possible. On Linux, this doesn't always work. I can't always get it to happen, happens seemingly randomly, I held Mouse2 and my stickies wouldn't blow up, and while furiously clicking Mouse1 Demo wouldn't fire any stickies either. Is there a fix? I can't reliably play Demo in this fashion. Also, I swear sometimes Mouse1 doesn't work at all. I'll Mouse1 to fire a rocket and on rare occasion nothing happens.