Why does this need a remake in 2022?

Why does this need a remake in 2022?

Attached: 1626070088107.jpg (2560x1440, 1.1M)

Because it plays like asshole.

bad controls

For fixing the shit gameplay, for instance

Money.

To make it scary

Why does this need a remake in 2001?

Attached: 1622723914325.jpg (640x480, 66.5K)

gotta compete with the modding community, they do it for free

stop shilling this soulless mod it looks like absolute shit

Game play was passable almost 20 years ago when it was compared to fixed camera tank controls. Now it sucks.

>that retarded fucking FOV
Kill yourself

>Schitzos are so on the spectrum they now have to ruin RE4 threads of all things

Take your fucking meds you pathetic losers. You wonder why you were bullied and no one wanted to sit with you at lunch.

The fan-HD "remake"? To actually upgrade 18 y/o models and textures for a game made for CRT's, and whose official HD remake 2 gens ago was a minor upscaling at best.

Now the confirmed remake by Wekser's VA? From Capcom's POV, it's their equivalent to Squeenix banking on VII and all the massive prestige and attention it would inevitably receive, god knows what kind of monetization they'd push in too. As for players I guess if it's some attempt at all new game mechanics not done in previous games or even some semi open-world path then I guess there's that. I originally suggested VR compatibility too, but Capcom already did a quick port for that.

This. People think that "tank controls" are a design decision. They are not. RE1, 2 and 3 only had tank controls because they are the only method you can use with static camera. RE4 has two inputs for turning and zero inputs for strafing because the Gamecube controller was not designed to facilitate the use of two analog sticks simultaneously. Any game who's basic control interface suffers from technical compromises deserves a remake.
But controls are not the only reason RE4 should be remade. Another important reason is that it's a linear shooter, not a Resident Evil game. RE2 Remake did everything right that RE4 did wrong. RE4 remake has a chance to accomplish the same.

Sort of true. RE4 is the way it is because RE1 remake and RE0 sold like utter shit. The market then got fed up of the action side, so Capcom took a punt on RE7 which was successsful, so we got Remake 2. Tastes change.

It helps that every horror IPs are dead so there's no competition

Cope

It doesn't, RE4 is still a great game that plays fine.

thanks for proving my point

It doesn't; as the game that destroyed the RE franchise with its own success and changed the formula forever, what it needs is a burial.

Attached: 1623779547640.gif (255x248, 2.74M)

it doesnt.
but you are not going to tell me that if they do a half decent job at making it look a little better and play a little better you wont pay for it.
thats the only motivation for capcom, you paying them once more.

As a proud owner of three version and soon to be 4 when I get a VR set, yes I will so.