Nintendo on NFTs: ‘We feel the potential in this area’

NTFs are now good since Nintendo says they're good and Nintendo can do no wrong
videogameschronicle.com/news/nintendo-nfts/

Attached: 15135236234723472347.png (1323x1188, 417.73K)

Nintendo has the psycho fanbase that literally buy nintendo branded cardboard. I think they will find a way to drain paypigs and coomsumers.

wtf I love NFTs now, can't wait to pay $200 for a hyperlink to an epic Mario hat

Toei and Nintendo. It's over.

Only Snoys hate NTFs, fuck Snoy.

Don't Amiibos already serve whatever role NFTs are supposed to for games?

NFTs are Le bad because 99% of them are shitty cash grabs.

"We do have interest in this area, we feel the potential in this area, but we wonder what joy we can provide in this area and this is difficult to define right now."

every single time nintendo does anything other than make video games it's a straight fucking disaster from conception

how

Nintendo fans will buy anything and Mintendo knows it.

100%

Of course they like NFTs. It baffles me that the rest of the industry has yet to make their move. It's literally free money and all the buyers actually own is an url.

Attached: krokrokrokrokro.jpg (193x182, 20.98K)

>It's okay when Nintendo does it

Attached: btUqCGD.jpg (500x333, 96.51K)

>nfts aren't even real
>now game devs are falling for this scam because they're too stupid to realise that it's fake
holy shit what an era to exist in
whoever coined this scam is a genius

the way the question was worded it's possible they were talking about just NFTs or just metaverse
of course hopefully they don't actually pursue either

>NTFs are now good since Nintendo says they're good and Nintendo can do no wrong
This but literally and unironically

Attached: 1643757706033.jpg (2000x875, 536.56K)

Amiibo's already exist as better more tangible versions of NFT's if we're being honest.
Like NFT's would just be you having a store receipt of an Amiibo instead of the physical product itself.

>answer to stock holder Q&A
oh god who cares

WTF I LOVE NFTs NOW??!!

Good goy

This is the time to remind you all
CEOs and BoDs of tech companies are generally completely tech illiterate. The top layer sees this "NFT" thing as a tech fad that makes money and decide they want in.
FIRST they announce it
THEN they decide how they're gonna make it work (that is to say, the actual tech guys have to try and find out how to tell their boss that it's not actually desirable or even possible)
I guarantee you there's nintendo employees pretty high up the latter that found out about this via press release and the most likely outcome is nothing at all happening.

Remember when tech companies were announcing "blockchain integration" left and right? same thing.

Yeah but Nintendo isn't out to scam people. Overpriced shit like Apple yes. But not straight out scams.

>thinking a company would say no to nfts in front of investors
god Any Forums is so retarded

Based, now I can get rich off based Ninty. Snoys seething kek

Not quite, it would need to be intangible

>”seems somewhat interesting but we haven’t figured out a way to make them not shit”
>”OHHH I SEE NOW THAT NINTENDO IS DOING NFTS THEYRE SUDDENLY OKAY HUH”
You need counselling mate

Attached: F8146D7B-2707-4985-B681-186A50840445.jpg (1200x630, 66.03K)

Based Nintendo

I don't understand this religion at all
It's just a distributed list of URLs
How are people this fucking stupid?
What do they imagine, some fake non-copyright ownership on the Internet?

Attached: f1357d1844a7d07d1d2b7f9c67d14a5fd3c4142fc877c9f2b480fcd43f935873.png (656x555, 177.56K)

NFT Pokemon cards, revolutionary!

>What do they imagine, some fake non-copyright ownership on the Internet?
Yes. Unironically.
Shoutout to that time NFTchuds bought a digital copy of Dune for 100k and thought it'd give them the ownership rights

nfts are a gold mine for nintendo because tendies are retarded and will buy anything with the nintendo brand
tendies literally paid 80 dollars for a cardboard box with the nintendo logo

Attached: labo.jpg (1098x1232, 174.02K)

Let's better hope that "Nintendo" is NoA or NoE and not NCL.

I'm inclined to say, it won't work with fanboys.
It will be "investors" that for some reason have kid themselves into thinking that worthless garbage will ever turn into a profit for them.

NFTs like all crypto are about scamming to make a profit. They're for wash trading and money laundering. Video game companies being the predators they are will latch onto any new digital item they can attach a microtransaction with

> But not straight out scams.
>what is amiibo?
Also
>apple scam
Lmao

At least Nintendo is honest in that it is interested, but feels like it would do nothing for users.

Based. NFTs are the future and I will support them now wholehartedly. I was wrong in the past demonizing them while not understanding them fully, but I trust Nintendo to always do the right thing, like all my fellow bingtoddlers.

Not really. At least with amiibo you have a physical object that you own and could trade to someone else.
NFTs are basically like owning the receipt to an amiibo that someone else is keeping in a storage unit for you.

Unlike other companies, I actually trust nintendo to make them good.

so now you're using a third party source rather than the official tweet that's very open about them being ho-hum

>Noted child grifters see potential in idiots owning and trading digital receipts

truly I am shocked

>trusting nintendo on anything other than video games
yikes

If there's one group that can actually make NFTs useful then it's Nintendo. I will wait and see.

This means they'll never find a way and stick with Amiibos or something tangible instead.

Yeah...

Attached: 1.jpg (1719x1152, 937.89K)

ALL the advertising for NFTs is just

>'wow 2 billion dollars was traded!'
>'wow one guy sold one for 1 mil'
>'wow a celeb owns one'
>'you can make money off this, if you give me your money to buy it off me and sell it to another retard for 10x the price!'

not a single good, positive usecase for this fucking garbage. There is no need to have it 'on the blockchain' or for you to 'truly own' an object. Valve could do this shit instantly if you linked your paypal to steam or some shit, without a blockchain or NFTs.

fucking fuck off with your GAY ASS NIGGER pyramid scheme

>Nintendo has the psycho fanbase that literally buy nintendo branded cardboard
oh yeah, wii U was such a huge success

>Any Forums is now defending NFTs

The crash is finally here