Can twitch viewership numbers be a good indication of current game state?

Can twitch viewership numbers be a good indication of current game state?

Attached: 1643883661104.jpg (1080x2400, 733.06K)

no? why would it be?

Yes.

no.

If world of warcraft is any indication then no.

As a measure of game itself at a different time yes, as a a comparison between different games no.

No but MTGA fucking blows, I would play it if trading was in the game.

In the same way that Twitter is a good indication of public opinion, sure.
lol

What do people not playing the game have to do with how well a video game is doing?
Not video games

Why

I wonder what happened January 2022...gee it's almost as if a competitor released a digital client and the novelty of shiny new thing lured people away........

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 126.94K)

It still gets relatively good numbers on twitch and is currently in a death spiral.

They released a digimon tcg game?!

no retard

No nigger. Now catch this 12

Attached: Twelve-ts-stance.gif (200x200, 103.15K)

Thats cool for January but for December and November?

Wotc introduced new Digital only way to play mtg in November- the alchemy. Basically its a way to take away your cards and not give any wildcards in return. Naturally community hated it.

i wish. looks like a cool game. i hope master duel gets others to make digital card games

It's a good measure of current interest in a game, but interest doesn't = anything other than interest. People watch because they're curious, or enjoy watching but would never want to actually play it themselves, etc.
If a game is such broken garbage that noone wants to watch or stream it then I guess it might be a thing, but if your game's already at that state, people are going to and probably already have found out without twitch anyway.

How do you know that

>but would never want to actually play it themselves, etc.
Wrong

MtG being shit is nothing to do with twitch views.

no, specific types of games get popular on twitch
I will take wow for example, people who play it do not watch it. It's a constant stream of people who quit concurrently checking sate of the game and leave.

> should I base my views depending on what racist pedo faggots on twitch do?

kek

Croke took a vacation at that time.

Not really, it depends on a lot of factors. Some games just suck to watch even if they're good
If it's a game designed to be watched then yes, like Overwatch

I browse /wowg/ :^)