Is piracy morally correct?

is piracy morally correct?

Attached: AE73E268-0E5A-47A0-9CEF-33DEB1F9B9A1.jpg (991x633, 100.95K)

It's not moral, nor is it immoral

Depends on who you're stealing from.

yeah

Attached: asdsad.png (1549x971, 147.13K)

no
it is not right to acquire a game free of charge without paying for it if that wasnt the intention of the developers
it teaches you the life lesson that stealing is alright

define morality

lol he admit he's ugly

Who gives a fuck? I'll pirate either way.

Attached: 1625748460744.png (252x42, 1.67K)

piracy is a holy act of god

Attached: F231-feeding-5000-athos-legacy-icons__89450.1518027048.jpg (1280x1280, 350.36K)

>stealing
>piracy
These are two separate things

>pirating Cuphead
for shame...

The morality of piracy and taxation are intrinsically linked. If one of them is not morally correct, so is the other and the reverse is true as well.

All I know is, no one's losing any money. The dev isn't, and I'm not.
And no, a "lost sale" is not the same as "lost money". By that logic anyone who doesn't buy a product they look at is causing devs to lose money.

Publishers are stealing from their developers so I am morally allowed to try or steal their game

>morally correct
I don't care about that, economy is fucked up, specially in my country.
And funny thing, in my country in the psx era there was absolutely no way to get an original psx game.
For every 100 game stores only one would sell original psx games, and expensive as fuck.
Why anyone would pay 30usd for a game in a store where in every other they would be selling the same game for literally 1-2usd??
So everyone from my generation just adapted to get pirated games, even with steam ongoing is just a common thing to just pirate if the game has no online content such as multiplayer.
A small percentage played og mmorpgs. Even when Warcraft was booming it was a custom thing to just play on pirated servers or any other free mmorpg.

Why the hell would you pirate Dark Souls "Remastered" when literally the only reason to play it over PtDE is the higher playercount for online?

>minecraft [nsp]
>persona strikers [nsp]
>gta trilogy [nsp] yuck
>etc
why would you do this to yourself when these games are on pc as well, unless you're not emulating and have a hacked switch or something

its obviously is immoral, yes.

It's like running a red light.

By law, you're not supposed to do it, and it has consequences for everyone involved, but not everyone gets hurt all of the time, and if you do it selectively it benefits you, in the case of piracy giving the finger to people who make shit games with cringe policies and saving you money.

If you ever feel the need to redeem yourself, buy the game later down the line if you actually enjoyed it, even if on sale, if second hand it's out of respect for the product alone though can't be helped if out of circulation in which piracy isn't the worst crime

I view piracy in the morally grey, more so on the dark side, I only pirate when demo's aren't available to me as I have the income to blow, and the ability to read and watch multiple reviews to base form my own opinion (though if via youtube I use adblock on bigger channels like ign, because not giving people like that a cent is morally correct)

Damn, the Switch has a lot of games

>i totally wasnt going to buy it anyway bro

pathetic, just own up to it

ugly people are pretty much always wrong as they have shit genetics and are mostly retarded, the ugly nerd/genius is always cope

if i paid for everything ive pirated id be down thousands and i sure as hell wouldnt have spent that on gaming

what if someone who's prettier than you disagrees with that assessment?

yes. selling games is a business and if the companies that have all the money can't figure out how to beat torrents or work around them then they deserve to be pirated from. virgins in their parents basements provide a better service with torrents than the official sources, now that's pathetic. Make a business model that isn't totally raped in the ass by torrents and lo and behold: almost no one will pirate your game.

they are trying to be nice to ugly people and make you feel better or they haven't interacted with ugly subhumans, everyone knows this is true and they just don't say it because its in bad taste

Based.

Only if you use it as a way to try the game out before buying if theres no demo

what if someone whos prettier than you disagrees with you on anything, eg. your human rights?

If a game/movie/album is out of print, it's perfectly ok to pirate it because if you buy it, the money isn't going to the creator or publisher or record label etc etc.

>DLC announced years ago
>Spent all that time and money making a TV series instead of what was promised
yes

the first thing to understand is that when you buy an album or movie, either physically or digitally, you never >own< it, you just get a licence to watch/listen to it, so unless you claim that it's you who sings in the song and try to sell it as your own intellectual property, by definition, you can't commit theft.

When big studios try to sue pirate site operators they always cite >copyright infringement< and not stealing.

That's because you don't deprive the original creator from the ownership like when you take an apple. When you steal an apple there will be only one apple (in your hands) while if you pirate something you create a 1:1 copy, a brand new file.

But is it a deprivation of fair/just wage?

Imagine that your neighbour invents a sychte that works in a way that makes it more efficient than other sychtes because it works with an unique mechanism. Would it be a sin if you copied it and made another for your own use that works with the same unique mechanism?

If you say yes, then buying the parts of a *insert popular phone brand here* and building it from scratch would also be a sin, because you deprived the manufacturer from his just wage by not buying it from him.

Of course I'm not a theologian so anybody is free to correct me.

Attached: B340E672-3F1F-42FF-9E43-3997032884B9.jpg (1024x1024, 173.58K)

Piracy isn't necessarily theft, but otherwise you are correct.

Hotline Miami devs said it was ok to pirate their game

they may be right,but its also not a flat scale where the more attractive you are means you are 100% smarter its just on average people that are good looking have better genetics and are smarter there is always an exception to anything and there are fucking ugly people that are genius tier and good looking people that are retarded but its extremely rare

/qa/ lost

Attached: yes.png (1200x660, 142.69K)

the moment you make your own money you should stop pirating and buy things.

I pirate shit
I know it's wrong
But I don't care and never will

Unironically high IQ take. Very based.
/thread

you people are mentally ill

explain the link user

because i want to play dark souls whenever i take a shit
because i do have a hacked switch

Using that logic I think you sound ugly.

Morals shouldn't factor into it. You should pirate every game, and whenever you find one worth your money you buy it afterwards.

No more ill than those who post in nothing but wojaks.

Diversity, inclusion, equity, buying your games to support your favorite game devs
Cringe.

I really dont think so, growing up I had no money to buy games, so I just pirated them, otherwise I would just grow up probably not liking vidya and would have spent the dozens thousands dollars on vidyas, consoles, PC parts and accessories I spent so far. If anything piracy meant a huge profit for the vidya industry.

Other than that, piracy plays a huge part in storing old games or allowing retro-vidya in general. Without it, a lot of games would be lost in time already.

>Jesus goes to LAN party
>only one person brought AoE2
>burns a few copies and hands them out
>fun time is had by all

>playing dork souls on the shitch

Attached: 1614300761025.jpg (460x550, 71.46K)

well maybe I haven't claimed to be smart just stating a fact about life, but seeing that you got so triggered by the fact that ugly people have terrible genetics and are mostly retarded makes me think you are ugly and coping.