Twin Snakes

Is this game really that bad? MGS1 with MGS2 graphics and first person aiming sounds great but everyone shits on it. I've already played the original and the rest of the series so I'm just looking for more Metal Gear.

Attached: tts.jpg (352x500, 45K)

Kojima has officially endorsed it by canonising Naomi's and Mei Ling's accents, or lack thereof, in MGS4, along with using voice clips from this game instead of the original MGS1. Another point to add, Kojima insisted on having the cutscenes be the way it is, so the game is for all intensive purpose the complete MGS1.

If you already played the original I'd definitely recommend this.

The choreography is edgy 2000s which I love. The script was redone a bit to match the original a tad better. The OST is a downgrade IMO but considering who did the cutscenes it makes sense that it has that sound.

I recommend watching Versus(2000) after finishing the game you'll understand why the game is the way it is.

Twin Snakes is great except the music. It's fine, just forgettable.
Also, I really don't get why people complain about the cutscenes, it's not like they're completely out of place from rest of the series.

Otacon's model is really bad in Twin Snakes, he also looks older than he did in MGS2.

I might try it out. I dropped MGS1 but I liked the gameplay of MGS2 quite a lot more.

why does the box art look so cheapo, looks like shit

>

The matrix shit in cutscenes gets old real fucking fast.

And the chinese girl doesn't have that adorable accent anymore :(

I like the cutscenes the most.
Overal, fun game.
bla bla bla, mgs1 ai, boss and level design dont work with mgs2 mechanics

it's the best metal gear

It's the best MGS

The only people who hate it are Sonyfags because ever after over 20 years, it's still exclusive to the gamecube and even to this day, you'll see them tie themselves into little knots trying to claim the original is better.

The perfect sanity check is anyone is find whoever prefers the original Ninja vs Genome scene over Twin Snakes.

Attached: 1351819729362.jpg (1440x1080, 236.74K)

>the OST is a downgrade
I noticed this as well during my playthrough.

>Watch Versus (2000)
I was given "Ultimate Versus" on DVD several years ago, but have yet to watch it. Guess I'll give that a watch later.

It's shit and it's even worse because you have to play it on Nintendo hardware. I couldn't imagine being stuck with a Gamecube while all the chads were playing MGS3 lol.

>Is this game really that bad?
Yes.
I actually started with this mess all those years ago. Had I not played the original PS1 version quite some time later, I absolutely would not be such a fan of MGS this day and age.

>MGS1 with MGS2 graphics and first person aiming sounds great
It's not.
The first-person aiming absolutely triviliazes the entire game, and allows you to break all the bosses, as now you can snipe them with a handgun.
Rolling and hanging lets you skip massive parts of the game.
The visuals are god-awful, with everything looking plasticy and super clean, destroying the cold, industrial mood. The nu-soundtrack is absolutely forgettable.

And don't get me even started with the script / cutscene changes. Snake acts like an ADHD teenager, and every single scene is fucking crack.

>I've already played the original and the rest of the series so I'm just looking for more Metal Gear.
In that case you may give TTS a shot, but don't get your hopes up. It's a shitty de-make.

Attached: TS - Otacon chooses life.gif (320x180, 1.45M)

its fine if you play it with the head canon that it’s a VR training program for shadow moses that raiden talked about in mgs2, its just mgs1 but everything is over the top, snake literally does a 360 no scope in a cutscene to kill sniper wolf

>ignoring all the given criticism and just succumbing to "muh console wars!" meme
Literally no arguments. I was legit a Nintenkid up until 2003, and TS is just garbage.

Just by game design alone, the game fucks up because of first person shooting mode. In the original it didn't exist. Now you can just point your tranq gun at everything and win.

Then there's music, atnosphere and all kind of stuff they messed up.

i remember that i used to coom to this version game of Sniper Wolf

Let's see.
>Mum cutscenes!
Specifically ordered by Koijma and everything was done to be exactly like the original before it got vetoed by Kojima

>Mum gameplay!
You can play the game without using FP if you want that classic and jank gameplay. You also forget the AI was upgraded as well. Sure you can cheese it with tranqs, but playing it normally makes it more difficult.

>Mum voice acting!
All around superior since they got a decent director and weren't chewing on the scenery.

>Mum soundtrack
Hit or miss. While not everything was good, you've got tin hears if you didn't think the Psycho Mantis and Hind-D boss music were straight upgrades.

>Mum soul!
Not an argument .

Attached: 1395500483340.gif (310x212, 1.69M)

people who hate Twin Snakes because "it is unrealistic!" are hilarious

>best ways to play MGS tier list
>GOD TIER
Bleemcast MGS On Dreamcast
>Great Tier
Upscaled PS1 Emulation
>Good Tier
PS1 Hardware
>Meh Tier
Twin Snakes
>Oh Shit Nigger What Are You Doing? Tier
The PC Port

>Specifically ordered by Koijma
Incorrect.
He just gave the nu-author "free hands", because he really did not care.

>You can play the game without using FP
Self-imposed handicaps are never an argument. This is simply terrible game design, no matter how you dress it up.

>You also forget the AI was upgraded as well.
Caution patrol behavior trees do not change the fact that the world- and encounter designs are virtually unchanged, making the demake a breeze to run through.

>Sure you can cheese it with tranqs, but playing it normally
Tranqs ARE the normal way of playing, just like in MGS2. This is the major issue.
There's also no reason to have tranqs in MGS1.

>voice acting
>All around superior
Everybody sounds more monotonous, tired and passioneless. All the straight Jap-2-Eng script changes (that clearly are Kojima's desire for once) absolutely destroy the flow and believability of the dialogue.

>you've got tin hears
what the fuck does that even mean?
The OST is all around worse garbage.

>muh soul
Literally nobody brought that up, but when the visuals, audio, gameplay AND story delivery methods are inferior, then yes : you've lost the soul of the game.

Attached: mgs vs ts ragesnake.jpg (450x505, 41.16K)

>Self-imposed handicaps are never an argument.

There's a boss in Yoshi's Island you can just outright skip. It's not remotely hard to pull off either. That game also gives you a shitload of items that trivialise an already easy game. To use an example in MGS, there's like 3 different ways to kill the old sniper guy in 3 without even trying.

>He just gave the nu-author "free hands", because he really did not care.
This is complete lie, the director did a 1 for 1 recreation of the original cutscenes and Kojima vetoed them because he brought the director in specifically to apply his style. Your credibility is shot.

>Self-imposed handicaps are never an argument.
Actually it is, if you want to play it the classic way, you can. It's like crying a game is to easy when you have all the cheat codes enable.

>They're the same
Actually they are.

>Tranqs ARE the normal way of playing,
That's only your opinion, you're given a Socom at the start too, so you could easily just you that.

>Following what Kojima wanted made it worse
The state of Sonyfags. Also the correct term is more professional and on point. Unless you think MGS should be cheesy.

>What does this mean
You got tin ears. This is a given.

>No one brought this up
But they did. Twin Snakes is a superior remake and you're just seething it was never put on playstation. The fact you're coping by calling it a demake is hilarious and telling.

Also don't forget, Twin Snakes is the canon version.

Attached: 1358626338337.gif (350x240, 110.05K)

>Is this game really that bad?

Yes. Mainly because the music is super shitty. Twin Snakes really serves to highlight how important a quality soundtrack is for a game. Original MGS - one of the best soundtracks ever - great game. Twin Snakes - mediocre "movie music" - shit game.

>for all intensive purpose